Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$138
Free cancellation until 19/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$123
Free cancellation until 18/03/21
Expedia.comUS$138
eDreamsUS$138
CheapTicketsUS$138
All reviews cottage number the cottages city centre room overlooking the garden lovely hotel ample parking cooked breakfast breakfast was excellent cricket ground four poster stayed nights single bed breakfast room road noise pleasant stay full english member of staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I don't make a habit of leaving reviews as I am not convinced of their validity - how many people, if totally happy, will take the time and trouble to put finger to keyboard? However, if one has an axe to grind then how good is it to find a platform to moan from....! The reason I am leaving a review this time is that I have just read the previous negative one and find it nigh on impossible to believe we are speaking of the same hotel - I cannot fault the warm welcome my husband and I received, the decor is subtle yet calming, the room was beautifully situated and in fine order, and the breakfast absolutely delicious. The proximity to Canterbury made it possible to walk into the town and back again without exhaustion setting in and although I am reasonably local to the area - this was a "romantic" weekend away with my lover ( AKA my husband ) for a special occasion, the suggestions re recommended restaurants was hugely useful. A swim in the Ebury pool on the Sunday morning alleviated the guilt from some of the calories consumed the night before and from the full English breakfast. All in all a lovely weekend break so thank you to all concerned.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed at the Ebury for one night. On arriving at reception in our wedding finery we were very nicely upgraded to a four-poster room (room 6). The room was large, clean, and the bed was very comfortable, but we were surprised that it didn't have tea and coffee making facilities.

Breakfast the next morning was good, with lots of choice, and the breakfast room was lovely with a nice view over the gardens.

Date of stay: March 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The hotel provides a personal touch which is a nice change from the 'bed factory' approach. Staff were pleasant and warm.

We had a double room towards the back of the hotel - not massive but very comfortable and had all the facilities with everything clean and tidy. The bed was a good size, firm and comfortable.

Breakfast was good and very relaxed.

The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the town and the safe hotel parking gives you the opportunity to leave the car behind.

All in all a very comfortable stay.

Room tip: We had a room at the back which was very quiet.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2013

After a 6 hour drive (stuck on the M25 for 3 hours!) I arrived just after 11pm. I had to ring the Hotel whilst stuck in traffic as I remembered reading the doors were locked at 11pm. When i arrived at about 11:10pm the door was indeed locked and my key was under the door mat.

I had been allocated Room No1. If you want a 'good' shower when you arrive you should avoid this room. The room itself was clean and warm as was the bathroom. But the shower was just a period type mixer hose attched to the top of the bath taps. There was no shower curtain and no shower door. I'm not sure what I was supposed to do? Hold the shower over my head with one hand whilst trying to wash with the other? Without flooding the bathroom.....? This is my only gripe really.

Breakfast was very good. It was hot, plentiful, and everything was spotless.

One of the staff on the front desk was very helpful too, photocopying a few documents for me free of charge.

One the whole it was a very short one night stay and the only disappointment was the shower. Other than that it was a decent older Hotel. Having said that, being clean and having a good breakfast is the least i'd expect. Without doubt there will be plenty of other options in the area not as good as this.

Personally I prefer a more modern Hotel. Places like this take a lot of keeping together and as far as I can see they're doing a decent job of that.

Would I stay again?.......... Probably.

Room tip: Avoid Room No 1 if you want a good shower
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
aliCanterbury, Owner at Ebury Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you for your comments, the reason that you were unable to have a good shower in room 1 is that this is a room with a bath only, hence no shower curtain or shower door. The hand-held shower attachment is for guests wishing to wash their hair whilst having a bath. We have two rooms with bath only, two rooms with shower only, and the majority of rooms have both. If you have a preference please let us know in advance and we will allocate you a room with your preferred option.

I glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay, and that you found the hotel clean and warm, and the staff attentive. Let us know when you are next in town, and we will supply with a room with a lovely shower.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We have recently returned from a 2 day break at this Hotel. The Ebury is a small sized family hotel. The Staff are nice and helpful without being over the top. The rooms are comfortable and the Dining Room and Lounge are lovely. The breakfast is very good and there is no rush to finish. We did not take advantage of the swimming pool.
The Hotel is about 10/15 minute walk from the centre of Canterbury ( down hill a bit ) A taxi cost about £5. The Cathedral is magnificent and well worth the admission charge.

Room tip: If you are less able a room on the 1st floor might be a better choice.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple