Ebury Hotel and Serviced Apartments
Canterbury Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$142
The Victoria Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$95
US$59
Broome Park Hotel(Barham)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Pool
The Falstaff in Canterbury(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$116
Orbitz.com
ABode Canterbury(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$210
  • Restaurant
Castle House Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$130
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$95
Cathedral Gate Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$89
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Canterbury City Centre Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$105
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe cottagesswimming poolroom overlooking the gardencity centrelovely hotelbar mealsroom was largeminute walkbeautiful gardenself cateringtwo nightsbusy roadcooked breakfastlovely old buildingplenty of parkingtop floormain road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We booked a two-day trip to Canterbury, heartened by the glowing reviews and the promise of a heated pool if all went wrong weather-wise. The room was lovely, the bathroom was well stocked and charming, the gardens in the sun were exceptional. But oh lord, what awful service! It really cast a dampener. The young East Europeans on reception when we arrived were helpful and smiley but in the evening we were left to the not-so tender care of a grumpy old Brit who regarded any questions as an outrageous imposition. Getting him to come up to the room to sort out the TV was a tough assignment, and executed on his part with maximum ill grace; could he help out with why the wifi wasn't working? Nope. The atmosphere was so unpleasant that we abandoned the idea of dining in. No way was I going to order anything off someone with that attitude. As a Brit myself, I felt embarrassed by my compatriot's truly dismal performance. The Ebury is a charming building with a lot of character and with a great location. But until they sort out (some of) their staff, we won't be going back.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back overlooking the garden. Much quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Londonfields
aliCanterbury, Owner at Ebury Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

I am pleased you enjoyed your room and the pool, and have spoken to the gentleman on duty after your review, he apologises if you thought he was grudging, we try to ensure that none of our guests should feel this way. I would however like to point out, the TV was working, and the wi-fi was also working. We are increasingly finding that settings on certain devices are stopping people from connecting to our wi-fi, and I recognise this is frustrating, however we are hoteliers not IT experts.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We had a lovely weekend break and booked three rooms for three nights over Easter. The weather was cold but the hotel was always very warm and welcoming. It is ideally placed for Canterbury. A ten to fifteen minute walk into the centre helps shift the calories from the cooked breakfasts which were excellent. The breakfast coffee could be improved but other than that it's all good. Not sure why the earlier reviewer complains that wi-fi isn't free. It most certainly is! Yes you have to log on but it's not hard and the internet speed is extremely good for a hotel - especially as it's free. We didn't get a chance to try the bar food but the menu looked fine. Don't think it's designed to be gourmet - just convenient quick meals if you don't have time to go further afield. Plenty of good places to eat in Canterbury in any event. The garden looks lovely but sadly it was a bit cold to spend much time in it on this occasion. All in all a very restful and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This was one of the best and most suprising parts of our 4-day weekend. The hotel is quaint and yet not run-down. Though the bathtub area could have used some good groutwork, the room itself was large and nice. We booked late for the holiday and we happy that the last room available was still so large. We also appreciate the fact that we could get a hot breakfast for no extra charge - something you don't often find. Henry's bar was also a nice addition as was the additional lounge/game area. Would definitely recommend if you are going to this area. The other hotels in town may be "newer" but would definitely be noisy and cramped since its really a university city. We felt very cosy coming home to Ebury each night!

Room Tip: Though we had two twin beds the hotel was happy to push them together for us ahead of time.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

We arrived as a family of four adults and were booked into an apartment. We were shown the apartment with no details about it. The Wifi is NOT free as you need a log in despite the claim online. We went to the bar the first night and were rudely spoken to by the woman on duty who was surprised when we asked for a bottle of wine as if we were not allowed. The apartment whilst spacious was not clean and smelled there were no dishwasher tablets at all and minimal washing up liquid. As four adults we would expect there to be four towels and when we returned from a day out we find only three towels ? What's that about?
The location is great but for a return visit money needs to be spent to upgrade the apartments and re decorate and if your wifi is not free then change the website and if it is then maybe review check in practice and mention it as people book in as a selling
Point we did not feel welcome at at all.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mpalmma
aliCanterbury, Owner at Ebury Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

The Wi-Fi in the hotel and apartments is, and has been completely free for years.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

The coldest Easter for many years and with snow flurries outside, the Ebury Hotel offered a warm, toasty welcome. I stayed for 3 nights (Room 10) and was impressed with the size and comfort of my single room especially as the heating stayed on throughout the day so that it was always nice to come back to after a cold expedition into the city centre. The hotel is about a mile from the cathedral but I walked in every time. Breakfasts were good, especially the cooked ones. The buffet bar was less imaginative. I ate in the bar on the first evening which I found rather cramped and not particularly welcoming. I would describe the bar food as just that - don't expect a dining experience. In fact the public facilities are rather limited. I made a couple of suggestions for improvement which were well received so I'm not going to mention them here as I rather got the impression they would be followed up. I'll check it out next time I stay - I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: I slept on the back of the hotel on the second floor (rather a climb but worth it for those who are fit).
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo