“Away With Friends”

Ebury Hotel and Serviced Apartments
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Canterbury
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed here with friends for a 60th birthday.
Could not fault anything the owner and his wife were a breath of fresh air, bringing back good of fashioned service and making all our party very welcome indeed.

Breakfast was excellent with a good choice.

Will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark B

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very impressive if slightly old hotel on the edge of Canterbury. Plenty of parking and an indoor pool. Very friendly and helpful staff bar meals in the evening but limited tables for evening meals.

The room looked very well appointed, first impressions were very good but overtime one noted the tiredness of the decor and the need to repaint in places. The garden was large and looked fun to run in- but we didn't. Great location for walking into the city centre but you might be better off just staying in the hotel. The cathedral is fascinating and worth the entry price which is high but we counted 8 souvenir shops all selling souvenirs of London not Canterbury.
Overall enjoyed the room the food and the staff here and would definitely use the hotel again if I could only think of a good reason to come to Canterbury

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed in the Ebury a week ago and I have been telling everyone since how enjoyable and reasonably priced my stay was. From the moment I arrived I had nothing but great service. When I arrived I was greeted by a very pleasant and helpful young man at reception and was absolutely delighted with my room. Even though I was in room 1 which was at the top of the stairs and near to reception, I had absolutely no noise issues and was able to have a very comfortable and peaceful sleep. The room was extremely clean and tastefully decorated. I enjoyed a swim in the swimming pool. The garden was beautiful as was the breakfast room. The evening meal in the bar and my breakfast were very enjoyable. Cannot praise the staff there enough. I certainly intend on staying in the Ebury on all future visits to Canterbury and have advised my friends and family to do the same. Ps- the location was excellent too, a pleasant short stroll to the centre of Canterbury.

Room Tip: I had room 1 and it was delightful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed here so that we could meet up with old friends and visit Canterbury.
The location is very good, just turn right and walk for about 10 mins and you get to the city centre.
Parking is excellent and it meant a lot to be able to leave the car some where safe and to walk around the city.
Breakfast was very good, and the staff were friendly and efficient.
The hotel was also very quiet and nicely set back from the road.
We had room 4 which was very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kirbykx
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed for one night in February to visit our nephew who is a university student in Canterbury. We found the hotel a convenient 10 minute walk from the town centre , with ample car parking. The hotel lobby had a classic interior with a lounge , dining room and bar. The children enjoyed the swimming pool and garden. The rooms were spacious with good decoration throughout. The staff were not over friendly but were certainly efficient at their jobs. My only question mark would be possibly slightly overpriced.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeremy H
Reviewed 11 February 2014

4 friends stayed for 2 nights to see Canterbury. We had 2 really comfortable warm rooms with well fitted bathrooms. Really good showers,lots of nice towels.
Pleasant bar,lounge and breakfast room and really nice home cooked tasting breakfast.
Plenty of parking and an easy 10 minute walk into town.
Highly recommended!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lesley N
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Just stayed here following my wifes Graduation Ceremony at Canterbury Cathedral. We got soaked and frozen at the ceremony and were thus delighted buy the huge bath in our room! Our welcome was swift and very efficient and we were shown to our room in minutes. The bar is small and cosy and you can take your drinks through to the comfortable lounge. I can recommend the current 'special' of Hendriks, cucumber and fever Tree tonic.
We had a good night's sleep in comfortable twin beds and enjoyed an excellent cooked breakfast. I was particularly impressed to be asked which sort of Gluten free bread I would like!
Next time we are in Canterbury we will definitely stay here

Room Tip: Room 1 had excellent views of the garden and a really nice stained glass window in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple