Cathedral Gate Hotel
US$106
US$103
Canterbury Hotel(Canterbury)
US$134
The Falstaff in Canterbury(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$116
Hotels.com
ABode Canterbury(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$146
  • Restaurant
Ebury Hotel and Serviced Apartments(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$107
The Victoria Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$142
US$216
US$189
  • Pool
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$105
Priceline
Premier Inn Canterbury City Centre Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$101
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscontinental breakfastsloping floorsbutter marketshared bathroomoverlooking the squareold buildingquirky hotelfresh fruit saladperfect locationsteep stairsroof terraceadds to the charmloved this hotellots of charactersingle roomparking voucherfull english
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Booked in the morning for £45 amazing also included breakfast.
I arrived about 2.30 and the room was ready and the young lady took me to room peace and offered to take my bag but I said it was heavy so I took it. The room was clean with tv and a sink looking out to the streets.
At night was noisey but I left the window open as it was hot.
As coming down stairs I open the window overlooking the cathedral and took load of pictures during day and night.
Next morning I had breakfast it was amazing why would anyone pay £7.50 for full English when you can have scrambled egg on toast orange juice toast and coffee. The staff was very helpful and friendly and I will go again in the future to this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 786MarkB
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed here for one night during the week whilst on a business trip. I really liked the bedroom modern decor and very clean. This is a very old building with a perfectly central location, would stay again but might ask next time for a room not facing the street as the roads were cleaned very early in the morning and was quite noisy.

Room Tip: Rear facing room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Stuart141
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I was worried about all the negative reviews but we had an amazing stay at this hotel and I have now realised that it has been completely refurbished (at least some parts of it) and has new owners. The room (Tranquility it as called) was clean, of very high standard, spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The young male receptionist was amazing in all ways. We had breakfast brought to us in the room which was all very nice - they even got me soy milk which is a nice touch. It was a special occasion for us, which was acknowledged and we were very well looked after! Yes, the hotel is old - which only adds to the charm - and some of the communal areas have old carpets etc. But overall a great experience, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms are of different standards so make sure to get a good one
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sophie M
Reviewed 2 October 2013

5 girls went to Canterbury and needed a place in the centre. This was ideal. Very friendly, Nick was particually helpful. Good rooms, excellent breakfast, Definately stay again, perhaps with ensuite facilities this time.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the square and you don't mind noise, go to the front otherwise a back room gives wonderful views of the cathedral.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emma J
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Uneven floors, bells, street noise. What more could you want from a hotel in a building built centuries ago in the heart of an ancient cathedral city. It looks as though the Cathedral Gate is undergoing modernisation/redecoration. Our room was very nice, modern, clean and very comfortable. Other parts (the reception area, and dining room) clearly needed updating. Shops and restaurants within falling over distance of the hotel (most of them in the High Street) from Mexican, Italian, and so on. The only drawback is that it does get a little noisy at pub closing time, but this doesn't last very long. ...make sure you take the time to look at the cathedral lit up from the hotel terrace before going to bed!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family