“I'm still hungry”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Just that really- the waitress spoke very fast and in a strong accent so I had to keep asking her to repeat herself which was embarrassing. Our food was tiny and left us hungry. Out previous visit had been fine and spicy food- this time it was band and meagre- very disappointing. Then the receipt said that service charge was not included, but I was still charged an extra 70p gratuity on my final receipt which came out of the machine- what is that?! There are so many places to eat in Canterbury- and Chimichangas is lovely decor and very central- but they really do need to give us a reason to return. Why pay £17 each and go home hungry? It is simply just not good enough/

1  Thank slwaters

Reviewed 23 August 2011

The two girls waiting on the tables were excellent for politeness, quickness of serving, friendliness and I would recommend this restaurant every time. Food was very good! My cousin and I were equally impressed by the Maya/Aztec designed interior and the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. We had Santa Rosa Rib-Eye which was very tasty and tender, changa chips were also very tasty as were the onion rings. Would have been nice to have a salad with it.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

This fairly new restaurant is different than the rest. Inside it looks great but the entrance gives the impression of walking into a private club. Once inside there are friendly waiters. The food was average. Cold rice and a lot of stuff thrown together. However it is different to be able to have MexTex in Canterbury. As they are part of the Prezzo family, I can only hope they get it better in the near future. So far we will definitely give them the benefit of the doubt.

4  Thank Tastebuts
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The staff at this resturant are really well trained. The sevice was fast friendly and super efficient. The food however is standard. Its a chain resturant and the food reflects this. Dont go here for a gormet experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

ordered sizzling barbecue chicken with piri piri hot sauce served with jalopeno coleslaw, what arrived on my tabe was grilled chicken with teaspoon of spicy sauce on top of it, few chips on a side and coleslaw without chilli, when i questionned waitress about the jalopeno coleslaw he pointed a finger at the bowl of coleslaw and said: ''here there is one small piece of jalopeno'', funny enough so to get the actual taste of jalopeno coleslaw you must eat it very slowly and finish it all so you get the one small bit of jalopeno. My husband ordered fillet of chicken with roasted veggies and extra jalopeno peppers but it never arrived. Noone came to check how s the food either. Waiter came to clean our table we ask for dessert menu and hnestly it took him 10 minutes to bring it to the table. Dont think will ever go back there. Too pricey for what they offer. Nandos much better. Will not even mention the real mexican Cafe des Amis - no comparison. Chimichanga should learn how to cook.