“Nice beers!”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

First visit while on a day out in Canterbury. Saw the sign for 'brew pub' and decided to give it a try. Good selection of Canterbury Brewery ales and real cider & perry. Were thinking of having dinner too but as there was a large party up stairs we were advised that it would take an hour so ate elsewhere. 10% discount on ales for CAMRA members.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

One of the best pubs Canterbury has to offer an one for the craft beer lovers.
However the interior of the building is basic and almost factory like, with lots of black, silver and copper on show. It gave me a rather hollow and cold vibe. Undoubtedly the indigenous beer was mostly delicious (the Haka, a personal favourite) however those with a disposition for Fosters or Stella Artois (like myself) might feel priced out. Paying over the odds for regular tap beer.
The staff are friendly and on hand to help you make a decision, it's a pub that thrives and is at it's best when it is busy.

2  Thank Tom_Pears91
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I woukd firstly like to point out that I adore the pub for its beer and frequent it reggularly but only as a place to drink.

On a day out shopping in the town we decided to give the food a try and were definitely not impressed. Pie my partner had was soggy and filling gelatinous and bland. Mash was salty to accompany and lacked any real care in its making. My ribs were nearly all gristle and fat and I had to leave most of it.

So to sum up; if you are an ale drinker (or lager for that matter) then this is a lovely place but i.would not recommend eating there. Shame as I would love to see it serving food that compliment the beer and make it the central theme of the experience.

1  Thank Mj1004
Reviewed 11 March 2014

If you are looking for a good meal, well cooked/presented, then this is the place for you. None of that blaring music, you can even hold a conversation at the table! All the food comes out piping hot too...not always the case these days.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I think the title of my review could apply to both the beer and the time you go.

First the beer!

Oh My Giddy Aunt! The selection is outstanding and some of them could easily power a small town if put through a generator, that being said the staff can help you find something on your level.

The food was good and service was fine although I think it can vary depending on when you go.

I'll definitely drop by again and I wouldn't NOT recommend