“Brilliant”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
broadstairs
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

What a great place. This Restaurant/Pub brews most of its own beers and they are fantastic, can't fault them. We had a meal here and it was great, Avery large and thick slice of Gammon, salad, two eggs and a dish of to die for chips. When you sit in the restaurant/bar you can see where they brew the beers.
Excellent service, all in all a great place. I counted 8 different beers on tap some 7 percent plus.
We will be back again.

• Visited July 2014

London, England
“Great local beers”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The beer couldn't be more local - you can see it being brewed behind the bar! Good selection of ales and craft beers and we were offered a sample before ordering a pint - good to see that. Large selection of typically 'pub grub' and snacks. We couldn't fault our sausage sarnie or nachos - both were generous and well presented. Looking around the busy bar, more adventurous meals looked equally good. Recommended for the beers and a simple meal.

Visited July 2014
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“tooooo much deep frying !!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Popped into this micro pub restaurant on a recommendation from a friend - it was hot so we wanted some thing light to eat outside - while the outside area was small well appointed we were disappointed with the food - agreed it did look hearty - but - for example, the onions rings were deep fried in some quite heavy batter and oil that needed changing the scampi in my fish platter suffered in the same way the olive tapenade looked like it had been poured from a jar and humus from a catering tub - while my cider was acceptable - we found the food very disappointing

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Will E
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Love the place, hate the service.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Look, I've loved the foundry for a long time - I've enjoyed the food and the beer there on many occasions, so it was a suprise to me when the food came out bad - the meat on the ribs was tough and dry, the garlic bread was a slimy layer of garlic on top of a doorstop of bread. I liked the idea of the meter thick garlic bread, don't get me wrong, it was just a little bit inedible.

This wasn't the problem. I mean, everyone has off days, right? It happens. So, when no-one comes to ask how the food is, we pick at it, eat the sides (onion rings were amazing), and then go to pay. When, again, I'm not asked how the food was, I offer a complaint - that really, I couldn't eat my food, it wasn't very good.

The man behind the bar was derisive, snorted a bit, told me he'd inform the chef, and then charged me full price, for food I'd barely touched. Now I like this place a lot, and have gone in the past, so didn't want to cause a scene, so paid and left, but I've rarely felt so undervalued as a customer.

A real shame, as the only way I can vote is with my feet, so I shan't be returning to what was, otherwise, a really nice pub.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Harlequin B
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Great beer”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This place was a pleasant find in one of Canterbury's back streets. It is a micro brewery and produces, on site, it's own lager, pale ale, stout, and other bitters, ales and speciality beers. All of the beers I tasted were excellent. I'm not normally a lager fan, but this was also excellent. The chocolate and vanilla beer was also tasty if not strong (9%) and pricey. Other beers brewed on the premises were around 4-5% range and around £3.90 a pint. You can see the brewing vats from the bar area. There is also an upstairs bar area too as well as a limited outdoor seating area. I did not have any food here so cannot comment on this, but the beer was excellent. I noted that they had a Good Pub Guide 2014 sticker so real ale fans should like this place.

Visited July 2014