“Great day out with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Canterbury Audio Tours - CLOSED

Canterbury Audio Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Canterbury Audio Tours invites you to explore 20 of Canterbury's most famous sites with a self guided tour of this historic city, which is taken at your own pace. No other tour covers as much ground or includes as many benefits. Available in 7 languages, and suitable for all ages, you can take a tour at any time of day to suit you. The tour also boasts discounts for featured landmarks and attractions as well as local restaurants and coffee shops, making it the perfect way to explore the city.
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Great day out with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

We recently visited this lovely city and decided to give this audio tour a go. We had the chance to use it over two days and therefore had a leisurely stroll, seeing some lovely buildings along the way. The two members of the staff were a great laugh, very good weekend and a must see city.

Visited November 2011

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Informative and fun day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

Having been recommended the audio tour by our hosts we set off around the city armed with our audio players and maps. The tour guides you past all of Canterbury's famous landmarks as well as some lesser known hidden gems. The commentary is clear and informative without being stuffy and we didn't get lost once with the aid of the map and audio directions. We have decided that there isn't a better way to see all the sites in Canterbury than the audio tour. At our own pace we were able to stop for lunch and dodge the English weather. The discounts for the attractions were a great add on and saved us quite a significant amount. Thank you Canterbury Audio Tours for making our day hassle free. Would recommend.

1 Thank greg h
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What a pleasant suprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

Looking forward to putting my feet up on the only day that I had off work in three weeks, i was somewhat surprised that my wife had arranged a fun day for me which entailed driving on the M25 and going on a walking tour in the rain ! Having arrived in Canterbury after a 3hr drive and only 1 umbrella I was not happy. My mood was somewhat alleviated by the lady who greeted us at the shop who was able to make light of my moans and groans and actually make me interested in the forthcoming tour. I wasn't sure what I was really expecting from an audio tour but it wasn't this. We were able to dodge the showers at our leisure, choose the route that suited us and best of all - not having a tour guide telling us how long that we were allowed to stay at each site. The commentaries were brilliant and really informative without being high-brow. From a convert I can highly recommend this tour to any others who have to drive several hours in the rain !

Canterbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Way To Spend A Day In Canterbury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Taking an audio trip in Canterbury was such a good idea when our Niece came to stay during the school holidays. We have lived in the Canterbury area for several years and hadn't realised how much we didn't know about the wonderful City that we live in!
The mp3 players are wonderful pieces of kit and so simple to use too. The audio speaker is very clear, as were the directions given to the next point of interest. We were also given an easy to follow map showing each point of interest, Car Parking, Public Transport and more important when you've got children - Toilets!
There are plenty of places on-route to stop for refreshments - we had a picnic in the colourful Westgate Gardens.
The audio tour gave us an excellent insight - there is so much to see and several museums to visit. My only regret was that I'd forgotten the camera!!!

1 Thank Tracey Diane S
Vancouver, Canada
“excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

great tour, really interesting, helpful and frendly service, great way to find out about the city,we loved the architecture and really enjoyed our visit to Canterbury thank you.
tim from canada