“This was a highlight of our trip”

Tours of the Realm-Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 14 Tours in Canterbury
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This was a highlight of our trip”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I was taking my sister on a Crystal cruise of the British Isles but I wanted to stay in a Manor House and do some touring before the cruise. It was the most fortunate occasion that I ended up being in touch with Jane Martin. We corresponded for about a year prior to our travel and I told her my cousin and I had a delightful garden tour the year before and so much enjoyed the old manor homes some of which are hotels. She recommended two on the route from Heathrow to Dover. The hotel could not have been better and we were so pleased. There were four of us and Jane picked us up and the airport and delivered us to our hotel with a lunch and a tour in between. The next day another tour and lunch before arriving at the ship around 5:00. Having corresponded so much with Jane I knew it was going to go well. She made our visit absolutely wonderful. I can't imagine a better guide and not having to drive was perfect. I know she customizes tours to do what ever you want to do in England. I am always recommending her to friends who are thinking of a trip. I would also like to plan another longer trip with her as our guide. We felt she was like one of the family and everything was so relaxed and pleasant. She makes wonderful suggestion but you can do what ever you like. We had planed most things before we arrived. This was the beginning of our trip and Crystal cruises are the best, but this we all felt was such a highlight.

Visited September 2010
1 Thank thestevenwright

Manassas, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one on one, most excellent value!”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Talk about going out of her way to accomodate a client! Jane (and her husband) picked us up at our ship (in France!) for a day in Normandy! There were 4 of us (6 total) and our day felt more like touring with old friends. We had a wonderful time and will not hesitate to use Tours of the Realm again and again!

Visited September 2010
1 Thank Joanie G
Bluffton,SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tours of the Realm”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Ten of us went to Dover, Hythe and Rye with Tours of the Realm led by Jane Martin. She knew the area extremely well and was able to give us a great deal of information not to be found in guide books. This was a particularly interesting tour which combined both old and new , handled with great expertise by Jane. I would recommend all of these places and particularly Tours of the Realm

Visited May 2011
1 Thank loolie44
Idaho
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Wonderful way to see Kent, Dover, and Canterbury!”
Reviewed 3 July 2011

If you would like a customized tour of the lovely Kent countryside (or of any other region in Britain), then Jane Martin and Tours of the Realm will not disappoint. Jane plans customized itineraries based on your interests and preferences and is happy to provide spot-on suggestions that will make your travel meaningful and personal.

On a tour of Kent and West Sussex before our recent Baltic cruise, Jane planned a wonderful itinerary for us that included charming castles, classic cathedrals, cute cobblestoned villages, and delicious pub cuisine. She was professional and personable, and our time together was enhanced by the wealth of interesting historical information and fascinating tidbits that she shared.

Jane met us at Heathrow Airport after our flight from the U.S. and drove us to Dover, stopping enroute to explore Canterbury Cathedral and have a "we're-in-England" Cream Tea. We made our own B&B arrangements, but Jane can handle that as well if you wish. We also had plenty of time to explore Dover Castle in the afternoon. The next morning, Jane picked us up to begin a delightful day of touring Kent. Highlights included driving down Lewd Lane to the little village of Smarden, the glorious colors of Sissinghurst Gardens, romantic and impressive Bodiam Castle, a wonderful lunch at The Queen's Head pub complete with sticky toffee pudding, and the picturesque medieval towns of Rye and Winchelsea. Jane planned every stop with our interests and preferences in mind.

Jane was at all times a knowledgeable tour guide whose main concern was that we enjoy ourselves and gain an appreciation of the Kent area that she loves and knows so well. Her goal is to give people a “taste of the real Britain” and facilitate travel to parts of the country they wouldn’t see with a regular bus tour. She wants her clients to feel reassured and looked after and to take them off the beaten track to places they aren’t aware of or couldn’t find by themselves. Jane also speaks fluent French and can arrange Battlefield tours to Normandy and to other parts of Britain. We enthusiastically recommend booking a tour and transfer with Jane Martin and Tours of the Realm. It is worth every pound, pence, and penny!

Contact information for Jane Martin and Tours of the Realm: