“Lovely mug of tea!”
Review of Cafe Solo

Cafe Solo
Ranked #78 of 376 Restaurants in Canterbury
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We go to this cafe regularly for tasty, cheap, basic meals, great tea and coffee and quick cheerful service. Always busy and full of people from all walks of life. My favourite thing about this place is that they give you a little dish to put your used tea bag in ... This makes me happy:)

3  Thank Kate S
There are newer reviews for Cafe Solo

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Having had several meals at different times of the day and year, I can say that this cafe is consistent with the quality of its food.
An enjoyable meal in friendly surroundings. Staff are efficient and helpful.
Worth a visit if you are that side of town.

2  Thank Gnomemother
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I've visited Cafe Solo a couple of times in the past (usually when I venture to the huge Morrisons next door), but never thought to review it before! I was having my car serviced a couple of miles down the road, and thought I'd kill a couple of hours by walking the dog into Canterbury (he goes everywhere with me!) and having breakfast in Cafe Solo.

Poor dog had to wait outside while I enjoyed a large mug of latté and a cooked breakfast from the huge variety of combinations available. As always the staff were friendly, service was excellent, and the food more than filled the breakfast-sized hole in my ever-expanding stomach!

Not just for breakfast though - they have a wide-ranging menu that lasts throughout the day.

Excellent value for money and I urge you to give it a try.

1  Thank CMW999
Reviewed 1 December 2013

When we arrived at the restaurant it was full but very quickly a table became available. The service was excellent - very friendly & efficient, Food is good with generous portions and great value for money

1  Thank Sue N
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I go here probably once or twice a month. Much better than most 'caffs' with a good menu range that they deliver on consistently well.

Good car parking. Good, handy, location on the way to and from lots of places us locals go to get chores done.

Cafe Solo delivers decent food at a decent price promptly and with good attentive service.

One of two (in my opinion) very good ' working local' cafes in and around Canterbury.