“Mixed”
Review of City Fish Bar

City Fish Bar
Ranked #75 of 376 Restaurants in Canterbury
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The five of us bought lunch there. A majority deemed the fish and chips very good, but not all of us felt that way. Not great for carry out as the chips get really soft when packed, with grease pouring through the paper wrapping...

1  Thank Seasondtraveller
There are newer reviews for City Fish Bar

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The queue snaking down the street says it all - great fish and chips which you can take away or eat on the tables on the pavement. It's not high class but it is high quality.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Live in Dover and don't go to Canterbury much but when we do we always get chips from here.

Never sat at the chippie before but there was an empty table today so stopped for a break from shopping.

Both had medium chips and sausage. Chip portion was small for a medium and not the cheapest around. However, food always tastes great and the service was good.

Will always go back here and they have 5/5 for food hygiene so that says a lot.

Cheers

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I've been here for lunch and for a snack - the fish & chips portion was huge and I think priced fairly for the amount you get. To me, all fish & chips in Canterbury/Whitstable are good and taste the same, so maybe I'm just not a fish & chips connoisseur?

Another visit, I wanted to see if they had any fried calamari (they didn't) but I saw a small sign that said they had deep fried Mars Bars for £1. I always wanted to try one and figured now was the perfect time. The guy said it would take a few minutes but literally it was ready in no time at all. I can't believe how good it was! It was REALLY sweet and therefore, I think it's only a once a year kind of a treat. Any more and my teeth would fall out! I will definitely come back for another though!

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Got to be one of the best fish n chip meals iv ever had great staff and friendly service for me 5 star

2  Thank pete230