1,381 results
All reviews executive room city centre bridal suite bar menu lovely hotel building work building site ten minute walk third floor restaurant staff jacuzzi bath quiet location reception staff buffet breakfast plenty of parking visiting canterbury biscuits
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and i recently stayed here and were met by friendly reception staff. Including the jacuzzi style bath which my girlfriend enjoyed!

The location is incredibly convenient for short walks into the town centre.

Our room was large, clean and comfortable with all the usual accoutrements to ensure an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently and that your room was to your liking.

We are located as you say very conveniently located for the city centre, which is only a 10-15 minute walk away.

Thank you also for mentioning my reception team I am pleased you found them all friendly.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We enjoyed two nights in this gracious hotel, well situated within walking distance of the City centre. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable with a good en suite and a generous double bed. The service was polite and friendly and the building and services well maintained considering the hotel’s age. We only used the restaurant for our breakfasts which were well prepared with a good choice of fruits and juices with the hot choices being freshly cooked. One criticism though, we had to park on the grass some distance from the entrance when it was raining due to the limited parking, to find that at least one prime parking spot at the main entrance had been taken up by a staff member.

2  Thank 171neilp

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you room was to your liking.

I take your point on board regarding the parking, and will discuss this with the team.

Thank you for mentioning our breakfast offerings and my team and pleased you found them all friendly and polite.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is close to the centre and the room clean and comfortable. The reception and breakfast restaurant staff were efficient and helpful and the breakfast was good and plentiful. Our complaint was the price and quality of the meal we had there in the evening. Very expensive for what is was and definitely not value for money. Normally, being British, we keep quiet but we were so disgusted by the minute steak £15) with a tomato plonked on the top, (chips, sauces extra cost) that was presented to one of our party that we spoke to the manager. He deducted the service charge and cost of the sauce but clearly missed the point. We were looking forward to a good meal at the end of a long day. The management need to look at this as there are so many good restaurants in the town offering good food at sensible prices. Are they only interested in big group bookings and not individual travellers. What a shame to end our stay in Canterbury on a sour note.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 3PandP

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased your room was to your liking and you found it clean and comfortable.

I am sorry to hear your evening meal was not to your liking, Our menus clearly state what comes with which dish. With our grill menu, sides do need to be ordered separately. My duty manager advises he was only made aware of an issue with the sauce, which he naturally deducted from your bill.

We source the majority of our ingredients either locally or ethically, with all our dishes made and cooked fresh to order. Please accept my apologies that this was not to your liking.

I am however pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings and found my team efficient and helpful, thank you giving both a mention.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Return visit for a celebratory afternoon tea. Again food lovely & plentiful. Sandwiches fresh & wholesome although scone a little dry.
We were the only diners there which made for a private & intimate tea in a lovely setting - but no one came to see if we were ok or needed further tea until we were utterly gasping & about to leave.
Otherwise happy to return again with confidence.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us.

I am sorry no one checked on your table sooner to see if you required anything, this should not have been the case and I will be feeding your comments back to the team, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We are delighted to write ,all the staff from reception, to bar ,breakfast restaurant staff ,especailly the elderly gentleman who was so efficent ,to the night porter who i must say was so helpful at five in the morning providing me with a pint of iced water which he did willingly and without me feeling i was a nuisance.You are all a credit to the best weston and must have exellent staff trainning.I loved the hotel as it was in keeping with the building and i so hate these contemporary hotels that are not cosy ,warm and too clinical looking.The breakfast was plentyful with a great choice and we didnt have to wait for staff to ask if we wished to have tea or coffee as i mentioned the elderly gentleman was super efficient. The room was clean comfortable as was the bed.The shower was super powerful always a bonus.We have no complaints at all ,a very positive stay,thankyou to you all.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am pleased my team looked after you on your visit, thank you for giving them a mention especially my night porter and Pietro in the restaurant, you kind comments have been passed onto them.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon,