1,416 results
All reviews executive room city centre bridal suite lovely hotel bar menu building site third floor restaurant staff ten minute walk jacuzzi bath reception staff buffet breakfast quiet location plenty of parking visiting canterbury biscuits within easy walking distance
Reviewed 14 October 2018

We really liked it since it gives the traveler a true sense of being in England. This Hotel has everything. Free parking and Wifi, is very clean, personnel is friendly and the food is excellent. Only 10 min. walk to Canterbury. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Take a room away from the main road (we had 219) as this is nice and quit.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your liking.

I am also pleased you enjoyed our food offerings and found all my team friendly, thank you giving both a mention.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Shabby, outdated, badly repaired décor. Room dusty, stains on wallpaper from leaking air con unit, stains on carpet. Room overlooked a building site. No blind, just a flimsy net curtain on bathroom window - no privacy there! plus it got wet as there was inadequate ventilation in the bathroom. Long wait for dinner in the restaurant, huge wait between courses, food ok, but some items unavailable. Staff pleasant and very apologetic, but the restaurant prices weren't cheap and expected better quality - did not eat there again during stay, not even breakfast as not worth the cost. Room invaded by a huge spider the second night - glad to leave the next day. Pity really, as in an excellent location and the staff seemed really nice. Come on management, you really need to up your game!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank klb61
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Happened, that I'm back for the second time, and as I had a great time at january so my choice is again this place.
Same situation: Amazing staff who are helping in everything, lovely place!
Thanks again!
Best regards,

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank jeremyh0ward
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted your second stay with us was just as good as your first stay in January.

My team work very hard to look after all our guests and make sure they all have a good stay, so it is always nice to hear their efforts pay off, thank you for giving them a mention.

We hope to welcome you back again for a third visit very soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

This was the hotel that we had our wedding in 2011. We decided to return and stay 3 nights as we were visiting Kent to catch up with friends. We wanted to stay at the Abbott as it was central to all the places that we needed to get to and we wanted to take a trip down memory lane of our special day.
We had a lovely stay at the Abbott, staff were friendly and helpful, room was very clean. We only ate in the hotel at breakfast time, the food was lovely, with a cooked breakfast each morning setting us up for the day ahead.
No doubt we’ll return to the Abbott on the future when we make another visit to Kent, as it gives us the opportunity to relive our special day.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sm9932018

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read you had a lovely stay with us whilst visiting Canterbury.

Also pleased you found your room clean and that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings.

Thank you also for mentioning my team and I am glad you found them all friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Excellent location for the centre of Canterbury where there is a fabulous mix of retail outlets, historical buildings and of course the cathedral. The hotel enjoys old world charm with more traditional decor and fabulous staff - everyone was so friendly. There was ample parking and check-in was a breeze.

The room (122) was clean and functional with TV, hair dryer, wi-fi and tea making facilities albeit rooms on that side of the hotel don't enjoy the best view - see one of our pics uploaded.

There was a good choice at breakfast and plenty of coffee.

We would be more than happy to stay at the Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel again and hope to do so in the future.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken H
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased our location was good for your needs whilst visiting Canterbury.

We are a traditional hotel and classic in style I am glad this was to your liking.

I am also delighted you found my team friendly and fabulous, thank you for giving them a mention.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.