Willows Secret Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Canterbury
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Hi fellow Tripadvisor people, we thought we would give you a little info about us. We are a casual very small Sandwich & Coffee Bar, serving you great coffee in the hidden back streets of Canterbury. We are not easy to find, but hope you will try. Feel free to call ahead and ask if we have space as we are tiny but very welcoming, we have just launched our Grilled Cheese sandwiches and all are Iron Grilled to order just for you. We hope to see you soon Love Willows
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The best coffee I've had by far in all of the UK! And I'm not exaggerating (I'm a self-confessed complete coffee snob haha). After I'd enjoyed my latte I was totally blown away to discover that the barista of this tiny gem of a place was actually trained in his craft in one of my favourite cafes in Prahran, in Melbourne! I'm in love.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank seonaruth

Reviewed 28 July 2013

What a charming place, good prices and great coffee. I had breakfast here before any of the museums opened. The Canterbury Heritage Museum was just up the road, 30 seconds, and the high street right after that. It is not a big place, just perfect for breakfast, lunch or just a snack for a hungry tourist tummy. The inside was bright, clean, and had its on style and small, cool booklets about the 1970s were on the tables. And the lady serving here was just lovely. My favorite little Café in all of Canterbury.

1  Thank Ellen H
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Had meant to try this place for some time, called in on a very hot day, on my way from waliking from chartham. Superb iced coffee in unusual, mug, and excellent sandwich. The impression given is that nothing is too much trouble for them. Reasonable prices away from the extortionate high street!
this lady deserves to succeed I wish them well

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This darling little coffee shop off the high street is worth the wander. The friendly staff and effusive owner make you feel right at home and offer lovely cakes, sarnies, and simple lunch fare...and most excellent coffee. We had two take-aways earlier in the week and came back to try their novelty vacuum coffee. The theatrics and table service make it a drink to remember. Take your time, take the advice of the coffee connisseur and let it cool a bit before you drink, and enjoy.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I was looking for a new place in Canterbury to eat and stumbled across reviews on a place called Willows Secret Kitchen. The name intrigued me, could I find the secret of Canterbury, I took up this challenge and leaped for the bus and the journey began. I was lead away from the main city as I went further on the noise of the hustle and bustle gradually soften, it was if I had found a small village town even though the main city was only a stone’s throw away.

Then just in the distance I saw this delightful small shop jutting out of the corner, yes I had found the secret of Canterbury. As I entered, unclear what I would find, I was taken aback by a stylish well-designed shop, with a wall for a menu and great looking tables and chairs with interesting items dotted around, and I especially like the old arm boxes on the table.

I was greeted with a friendly, “Hello, how are you” by the staff. I do love good customer service and Willows staff has this down to a tee.

So what to order the food choices where vast from
breakfast baps - sandwiches – jackets – salad and fresh home made cakes – pastries and fresh fruit on show. After my quest I needed something filling - bring on the full breakfast bag. What can I say, just wow! All freshly made with all the trimmings, and the staff let me know that the bap and bread were made locally by their baker, fresh in every morning, as I was tucking into my bap and a mug of tea which I just say has the smartest milk jug I have seen.

Looking around Willows it has this warm friendly relaxing feeling, with people popping in and out, getting a bite to eat or getting it to go, and grading a coffee as they journey into the bustling city centre.

After smelling the rich fresh aroma of coffee that filled the shop I had to have one, but what to try, the staff were on hand to explain about the coffee and the different styles that Willows make. I went for the Aussie Latte it was served to me in a small glass with a cool piece of coffee art, always like to see this in coffee shops. The coffee had a smooth rich delicate flavour with a good old fashion kick, just what I want from a coffee.

Now that I have found Willows I will definitely be back lovely food, drinks, people, staff, custom service and much more. I have got to try the vacuum coffee, which looks amazing, but I will let you find out about that on your quest to Willows Secret Kitchen.