Lowest prices for your stay
£75
Vio.com
£64
Fully refundable before Fri, 8 Mar
Breakfast included
All reviews marlowe theatre oscar wilde high street car park four poster bed would stay here again single room family room excellent location no lift cooked breakfast sat nav historic building min walk visit canterbury city centre parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2023 via mobile

Great location and very reasonable price. Room is was ok and quiet, bed comfy and slept well. My only complaint was the room was the room was a bit stuffy. A bonus is they can issue a parking voucher for 24 hours for £14. Anyway, happy with our stay for one night

Room tip: Parking voucher from the hotel, a lot cheaper than Ringo!
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thusitha Sumanasekera , General Manager at Pilgrims Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2023

Dear Lord Watney,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Pilgrims Hotel and for taking time to post a lovely review. I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and you found the bed to be comfortable. Our parking vouchers offer a great saving on parking for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Best Regards,

Thusitha Sumanasekera
Group General Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2023 via mobile

We picked this for its price and location. It was one of few hotels that required initial payment when we booked. But no worries. We were in a family room that had two small rooms and some separation, which was nice. Wonderful breeze in the windows. No view. But generous staff allowed us to keep bags at hotel after we checked out. Breakfast was wonderful. No eggs, but amazing pastures and huge selection of fruits and nuts and granola type cereals, cheese and shaved meat. We wish we had stayed longer. Right near the cathedral and in the historic district that we wanted to tour.

Room tip: Check out the Old Weavers House for incredible pies and fish and chips. Take a short boat ride near the hotel as well. Pack lightly as you have to go up steep stairs.
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2023

The manager was so rude ! Our TV stopped working so we called the receptionist who came to the room but couldn't fix it
The manager was called to the room by the receptionist and said it was our fault the tv didn't work as all the other hotel rooms tv, s were working . When the manager couldnt fix the tv or tune it in he said ...THATS LIFE ITS JUST A TV NOTHNG I CAN DO SO JUST GET ON WITH IT !!!!!!! The manager then left the room and my 12 year old Daughter burst into tears. About an hour and a half later the Tv came on again so I rang the receptionist to tell her and to reconfirm it was nothing we did wrong and that the manager had been very rude and I was shocked and she said ...WEll IM NOT APPOLOGISING AS I DIDNT SAY IT. This was also a surprise as earlier in the evening when the manager was in our room she had her head in her hands with embarresment.
We did ask for another room but was told the hotel was full funny that as on booking .com they had plenty of rooms.
Im absolutely positive this would not have happened if my Husband had been with me.Funnily enough the previous review the lady said she had no tv in the room as it was broken.
Don't stay here our room had a smashed tile in the bathroom and stains on the ceiling and this was a deluxe double!
Look at other comments on security as I agree the front door was left open all night and hardly anyone at reception the whole time we were there.
The bar downstairs was open until 2 .20 am we had no sleep and our bedroom window was fixed shut, this really worried me as we were at the top of the hotel and the fire door next to my room was locked as this was the way up to the receptionists room !

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2023 via mobile

We stayed here a few times but never again. No TV in room & blame workmen , no housekeeping one day asked for manger name & told not allowed to say . Told someone would be in touch & still waiting. We paid for this service & what do we get NOTHING . We always comer to Canterbury but from now on will stay elsewhere & not one of your horrible hotels .
Chloe manzi & Stephen Craig

Room tip: Do not stay here
Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2023

Stayed for one night in a single room. The price was 72 pounds which was one of the cheapest in the area. The hotel is in an excellent location being just off the high street. The hotel was clean and modern, I was particularly impressed with the style of the downstairs lobby. Staff were friendly and attentive. My room was small, but it was clean and well equipped so this was not an issue for me. Overall this is a fantastic hotel for the price and location. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2023