“Best Hostel Ever”
Review of Kipps

Kipps
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 July 2011

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Not only was the staff incredible, but the room was clean and comfortable. Upon arrival, there was a chocolate on my pillow along with map of Canterbury and recommended restaurants. The staff was very nice, even carrying my bag up the stairs. There was an adorable garden in the back and a wonderful breakfast in the morning. Wish I could have stayed here longer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Kipps

Reviewed 26 May 2011

I spent five nights at Kipps while visiting friends and family in Canterbury. I really enjoyed being there and meeting people from all over the world. You can join in the social activities if you want to, but there is no pressure.

Despite the fact that my single room was not much larger than the bed, there was plenty of shelf and storage space and it was very comfortable. There is an 11 pm noise curfew, which was appreciated, though some of the kids were noisy early in the morning.

The garden was lovely, and the freely available computer in the lounge was a godsend.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I stayed at KiPPS for a few days due to being in between houses. I had a really nice stay. The facilities were very good and the staff were really nice. If passing through Canterbury I would recommend staying here. Or if moving to Canterbury it is a really good place to stay while you look for permanent accomodation.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PhilipHadland
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I've stayed in far worse Hotels than this backpackers hostel, and paid a lot more too. Old but not tired, beautifully clean and polished and lots of public space. I stayed in a single room with toilet and shower down the hall. Although small it had everything I needed , including working TV, tea and coffee, soap and a sink with a mirror over. Barbeque in the garden sounded fun but I was shattered after moving daughter into halls at Canterbury Christchurch Uni which was a 15 min walk away - thank you Kipps for the Map ! I'll no doubt be back to Canterbury over the next 3 years and will definately come back to stay here - much better than an impersonal budget hotel. Oh and they had restaurant recommendations in room , went to Cafe Boho in High Street and we were delighted with food and service

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Mampty
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Spent one night at the Kipps in July. The staff was outstandingly friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and the breakfast was wonderful. Would recommend the hostel to anyone who's going to Canterbury.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank IngridMOslo
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Doubtless, so far the Kipps Hostel is the best hostel I've never been to. The rooms are really comfortable and clean. The kitchen is well equipped and clean as well. The "night events" organised by the hostel are usually well-organised and enjoyable. The staff is kind, helpful and ready to deal with any particular request.
I had my laptop with me, so I found it really nice that in all the hostel there's free wi-fi access.
So, if you're going to stay in Canterbury I highly recommend the Kipps Hostel as your accomodation.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nuvola92
Reviewed 21 June 2010

We stayed at the Kipps one night in June with our little child. We booked a room with 4 beds no ensuite not to disturb others hosts (the baby sometimes awake during the night). When we arrived, they realised ther were only three of us and gave a complimentary breakfast the morning after. We've been accomodated - since ther where no many hosts that night, in a room with 6 beds ensuite. We have also been able to have our cloths washed and dryed. Very near to the center of Canterbury, outside there are some car spaces along the street. It was Sunday so we didn't pay for the night and until 12a.m. on Monday. To strongly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family