All reviews backpackers hostel decent towels vending machine for drinks single room small extra charge common room towels provided quiet residential street sky tv city centre nice lounge budget accommodation lovely garden well equipped kitchen filter coffee continental breakfast is storage space
Reviewed 27 February 2018

I have stayed at Kipps several times previously but not for a few years prior to my recent trip. I found it similar to previous visits but that many small changes have been made adding up to a positive improvement. The house remains much the same but my single room was of a high standard and with all facilities except en suite, but remembering this is essentially a backpackers hostel and not a hotel this is only to be expected. The room had a very comfortable bed, tea/coffee making facilities, television, a sink and even a small safe for valuables. Aside from single rooms there are twin and family size rooms, plus shared dormitories available, all at very reasonable prices. There is a kitchen available for the use of guests, I believe also facilities to do one's laundry, though I'm not sure about that, plus there's a lounge with TV and internet. Continental breakfast is available to order if required but tea/coffee is free in any case. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the location of the premises is only a few minutes walk from the train/bus stations and the town centre. I have no hesitation in recommending Kipps Canterbury to all wishing an economical and comfortable place to stay. Kipps also operate another hostel in Brighton and based on my latest experience in the Canterbury one I certainly will be visiting this other hostel later this year, as soon as the weather makes a seaside visit worthwhile.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank oriondruid
kippscanterbury, Manager at Kipps, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hi
Thank you for your great review, and detailed decription

Glad you enjoyed your stay at Kipps Canterbury

Hopefully see you again Soon

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my eight year old child and we were very impressed. We were given the room at the top with twin beds and three bunk beds. The room had an en suite and was immaculate. The shower was amazing. The room had bags of quirky character and because it is an old building I found it quite chilly but because they had various heaters in the room it wasn't as cold as it could've been. Take a jumper if you stay in the top room. The facilities were top rate for budget accommodation. Tea and coffee facilities and nice touches like toothbrush and showergel . Downstairs was a well equpped kitchen and a nice lounge with a vending machine for drinks and food. staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough. I definitely would stay again and highly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
kippscanterbury, Manager at Kipps, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Hi
Thank you for your lovely review and rating.

We look forward to welcoming you back, and dont worry about wearing a jumper in the top room :), we installed new radiators in the room a few days ago, so nice and hot and cosy now. See you again soon

Reviewed 6 February 2018

The hostel is an easy walk from town. There was a locker for each bed, but you won't fit a large pack in it. There were kitchen facilities, just beware that they are not open 24/7. It is close to the train station and it is in a quiet area. There aren't many options for staying in Canterbury but Kipps Hostel is still a good choice if you visit.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
kippscanterbury, Manager at Kipps, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you for your comments and rating and for choosing Kipps Canterbury

Enjoy your travels

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Lovely Hostel, made me feel very at home. Superb facilities, clean rooms and convenient location, very near to the town centre and bus station. I definitely will stay here again when I visit Canterbury again!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
kippscanterbury, Manager at Kipps, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Thank you so much for rating and your nice comments

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and will stay with us again :)
Happy New Year !

Reviewed 27 December 2017

I stayed at Kipps Backpackers Hostel for two nights,over Christmas and Boxing day. It was the first time that I had stayed there. I had booked a private single room on line, which although small, had everything in the room that I could possibly want. Tea & coffee making facilities,a bottle of water & squash. There were towels provided, a guest sized tablet of soap & shower gel. A TV on the wall at the end of the bed. (There was even a toothbrush and toothpaste provided by Kipps above the sink, should it have been required, which I thought was very unusual ). The room was very cozy to the point that I asked for the radiator to be turned off on the second night, as I found it a little bit too warm and that was done immediately. The breakfast area looked comfortable and clean and the hostel offered a breakfast for £2.50, which I considered extremely good value.There was a self service kitchen in true hostel style, which was kept, as the rest of this hostel, very clean and tidy. The booking in and out procedure was easy. The staff were very helpful and friendly and made me feel very welcome. Ideally situated for exploring the City of Canterbury and within easy walking distance of the town. If you're looking for a place to rest your head at a very decent price, I can highly recommend Kipps. Thank you to all at Kipps for a very nice stay over Christmas and I wish you a Happy and Healthy 2018 !

Room tip: Possibly a room at the back may be quieter. I could hear a bit of traffic noise from my room at the front, but not too bad. No complaints.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
kippscanterbury, Manager at Kipps, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Hi
Thank you for your detailed comments and ratings
Glad you enjoyed your stay at Kipps over the Christmas period

Thank you for choosing us.

PS Most people find the toothpaste/toothbrush a bonus in the private rooms, as this is item most guests forget to pack, so not sure why you found this is unusual. If you didnt require it, you didnt need to use it, but if this is the only negative thing you wrote, we are happy :)