“Finally a proper nightclub rather than just a late night bar!”
Review of Club Chemistry

Club Chemistry
Ranked #11 of 68 Nightlife in Canterbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: CLUB CHEMISTRY is the BIGGEST, LATEST and BUSIEST Night Club in Canterbury. -3 floors bringing you a variety of music to cater for everyone's taste. -2 stunning VIP areas to make any special occasion memorable. -Winner of a Safer Socialising award and a proud member of Canterbury District Watch ensuring customer safety and security.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Finally a proper nightclub rather than just a late night bar!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This review was kindly inspired by an aggressive guy who was refused entry to the club and threatened to not only hurt people but also write bad online reviews.
I moved to Canterbury in December 2013 and was told great things about the nightlife in Canterbury.
I was a little shocked when I had to pay £5 to get into a bar on the highstreet on a Saturday night that then charged me the best part of £5 a drink!
I thought that was going to my weekend nights out for the rest of my time in Canterbury until the second May bank holiday in 2014.
A friend of mine saw there was a competition on facebook to win £1000 at Club Chemistry. I thought I would pop along and see what it was all about.
2 floors open, cracking mix of music, £3 entry as we saw some people who were out flyering on the highstreet and 4 'chem bombs' (like jager bombs) for £10!
It was a proper clubbing atmosphere, affordable, relaxed, no undesirables in the building and all in all a thoroughly enjoyable night.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Simon R
Matthew B, Public Relations Manager at Club Chemistry, responded to this review, 29 March 2016
Thanks for the review Simon! hope to see you again soon!

Canterbury, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great club with a bit of something for everyone”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Club Chem is awesome and my favourite club in town. It's got 3 floors, with different genres of music on each, so it is good if you like a bit of everything. There's usually a selection of house music, then go to another floor for urban and then to the top for the chart/cheese kind of stuff that everyone needs at 1am! Sometimes there is rock and indie too.

Positives are that the drinks are reasonable for a club (and crazy cheap if you go on a student night), the music is great and the staff are really lovely. I've read some reviews saying about how rude the staff are but from my experience and what I've seen coming here usually twice (and sometimes three - sorry mum!) times a week is that the staff are great and the people that say otherwise have eithr been told they can't come in or they've been kicked out and they just don't like it. I've got loads of anecdotal stories of where the bouncers have looked after my friends above and beyond what they would do in any other club.

Negatives are that the place is huge, so if you lose a mate, it can take an age to find them again and there's no wifi, which I think should be mandatory in nightclubs!

I'd recommend Chem to pretty much anyone looking for a decent night out because it's got a bit of something for everyone.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jake T
Thanks for the review Jake! Hope to see you again soon!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Really great atmosphere, reasonably priced drinks and very friendly staff! Music for everyone!!!!!!!!!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Christopher S
Matthew B, Manager at Club Chemistry, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Christopher S
Thank you for your positive review and we are delighted you had such a good time.
Music for everyone indeed!
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great night out”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Great night out in Canterbury. Ended up in Chemistry earlier than we'd normally go to a club on the advice of a friend because they said it fills up quickly. I'm glad we did. What a surprise as it's such a big space with three dance floors playing different themes. We never struggled to get to the bars like some other places and there were lots of other friendly people... Had a fantastic time.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank John S
Matthew B, Manager at Club Chemistry, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear John S
Thank you for your positive review and we are really glad you had a great night.
We look forward to having you back soon.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worst club in Britain”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I recently visited this club with some friends on a Friday night. I can honestly say it was the worst night out I've ever had. The floors were sticky, the drinks were served in plastic cups the size of a thimble and the staff were so rude. I was hoping to have a good night out with some friends I hadn't seen in a while... but it was simply awful. I thought I'd been to some bad clubs in Huddersfield where I go to university... but this was just another level.

Their staff should spend less time stood outside in their grey hoodies looking like they own the place and more time cleaning up the dreadful club.

There were only two floors open and the middle floor was probably the worst music i've ever heard. I think it was supposed to be house music but was simply awful. The top floor was cheesy, dated music and the lazers look very out of place in such a bad club.

Usually i'm not much of a complainer.... but I felt this was necessary!!!

Visited December 2013
6 Thank alally54
Crikey! Your review sounds almost like it was written by one of our competitors... Our cups are poly-carbonate, the floors are mopped regularly, the grey hooded staff are promoters and are responsible for getting people into the club (obviously worked for you), 2 floors open makes us the biggest venue in the city (200 more than our next closest competitor) and finally if you don't like the music may we suggest you look on our facebook events to see what music we are playing before you come in future.