“An awesome night!!!!”

Club Chemistry
Ranked #8 of 69 Nightlife in Canterbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: CLUB CHEMISTRY is the BIGGEST, LATEST and BUSIEST Night Club in Canterbury. -3 floors bringing you a variety of music to cater for everyone's taste. -2 stunning VIP areas to make any special occasion memorable. -Winner of a Safer Socialising award and a proud member of Canterbury District Watch ensuring customer safety and security.
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I went out with a group of my friends last Saturday for a mates birthday. The last time I went to chemistry was about 5 years ago. It was a spare of the moment venue change. We went to a couple of late night Venues in town. They were extremely expensive and we even had to pay an entry free for a couple of them. They were over priced and we had no where to dance. Soooo, we went to chemistry! My god! It's changed in the last few years. It's awesome! The doorstaff were very polite and accommodating. Not like the ones I had spoken too previously in the night. We all got discounted entry as it was my mates birthday. They even gave us a bottle of champagne. We got to the top floor where is was busy, but not over crowded. It was cool and drinks were reasonably cheap. May I say, a fair bit cheaper than the smaller bars in town! I even saw a VIP area with its own booths and bar. The bar staff were nice and helpful as well. I had a GREAT night! Good music, good people, reasonably priced drinks. What more could u ask for! I've booked a VIP package for me and my mates for after the football this Saturday. We are even going to watch the football there before. No entry change and an awesome venue to watch it in. Overall I had an amazing time and I'd recommend it to anyone. Give it a go. You won't be disappointed. I certainly wasn't! Good work club chem!

Matthew B, Public Relations Manager at Club Chemistry, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Thanks for the review Warren! Really glad you had a great time!

There are newer reviews for Club Chemistry

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This review was kindly inspired by an aggressive guy who was refused entry to the club and threatened to not only hurt people but also write bad online reviews.
I moved to Canterbury in December 2013 and was told great things about the nightlife in Canterbury.
I was a little shocked when I had to pay £5 to get into a bar on the highstreet on a Saturday night that then charged me the best part of £5 a drink!
I thought that was going to my weekend nights out for the rest of my time in Canterbury until the second May bank holiday in 2014.
A friend of mine saw there was a competition on facebook to win £1000 at Club Chemistry. I thought I would pop along and see what it was all about.
2 floors open, cracking mix of music, £3 entry as we saw some people who were out flyering on the highstreet and 4 'chem bombs' (like jager bombs) for £10!
It was a proper clubbing atmosphere, affordable, relaxed, no undesirables in the building and all in all a thoroughly enjoyable night.

1  Thank Simon R

Thanks for the review Simon! hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Club Chem is awesome and my favourite club in town. It's got 3 floors, with different genres of music on each, so it is good if you like a bit of everything. There's usually a selection of house music, then go to another floor for urban and then to the top for the chart/cheese kind of stuff that everyone needs at 1am! Sometimes there is rock and indie too.

Positives are that the drinks are reasonable for a club (and crazy cheap if you go on a student night), the music is great and the staff are really lovely. I've read some reviews saying about how rude the staff are but from my experience and what I've seen coming here usually twice (and sometimes three - sorry mum!) times a week is that the staff are great and the people that say otherwise have eithr been told they can't come in or they've been kicked out and they just don't like it. I've got loads of anecdotal stories of where the bouncers have looked after my friends above and beyond what they would do in any other club.

Negatives are that the place is huge, so if you lose a mate, it can take an age to find them again and there's no wifi, which I think should be mandatory in nightclubs!

I'd recommend Chem to pretty much anyone looking for a decent night out because it's got a bit of something for everyone.

1  Thank Jake T

Thanks for the review Jake! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Really great atmosphere, reasonably priced drinks and very friendly staff! Music for everyone!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Christopher S
Matthew B, Manager at Club Chemistry, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Christopher S
Thank you for your positive review and we are delighted you had such a good time.
Music for everyone indeed!
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Great night out in Canterbury. Ended up in Chemistry earlier than we'd normally go to a club on the advice of a friend because they said it fills up quickly. I'm glad we did. What a surprise as it's such a big space with three dance floors playing different themes. We never struggled to get to the bars like some other places and there were lots of other friendly people... Had a fantastic time.

1  Thank John S

Dear John S
Thank you for your positive review and we are really glad you had a great night.
We look forward to having you back soon.