“Shambles”

Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Canterbury
Price range: US$2 - US$24
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Shambles”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've never given a review before, but I was so annoyed about wasting my money here yesterday. I ordered a hot chocolate, crepe and tap water. The hot chocolate came, and was pretty disgusting, but my water and crepe was obviously offered to another table as when I went to the till (and was nearly charged for the crepe) they said 'the customer didn't want it'. It does have a nice view and nice decor but an absolute shambles when it came to service.

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
Coquitlam, Canada
“sweet sweet sweet <3”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I really like this place! My husband and I have been here many times and we enjoyed each visit. The atmosphere is perfect with some lovely comfortable sofa in the window. OMG... Possibly the best waffles we have ever tasted. good place if you want to try different items on the menu it is all delicious, and the price is more than reasonable. The staff are really friendly and accommodating. would strongly recommend

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Elhaam B
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Fantastic chocolate and service ”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I met with colleagues here for a meeting. It was a real treat, I recommend chocolate strawberries. I super place to near the cathedral. We spent around two hours upstairs in our meeting and ate well. The service was unhurried and nothing was too much trouble.
I really did not expect meeting with colleagues to plan and map out what we need to do to have been such a treat.

1 Thank Julia H
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have been here many times and thoroughly enjoy each visit!! Belgian waffles with the strawberries is heavenly and is there coconut hot chocolate!! Great atmosphere and friendly staff, worth a visit and would recommend to all!!

• Visited July 2014
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Called in yesterday for a drink with friends. I had Pimms which was perfect and one friend had a milkshake and pancake. He was in heaven and will definitely go back. The other friend had a cup of tea which was fantastic - even to look at! It was fresh tea and came with a timer so that you could leave the tea in the cup for the optimum time. There were little touches that made the whole experience really special.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We will be back!