“Chocolate Cafe Folkestone”

Cuisines: Belgian, Deli, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Visited the cafe for the first time on Saturday 15th July. Have never felt the need to write a review before but this place is so bad I really wouldn't like anyone else to visit it and waste their hard earned money. The place excels in incompetence. Has a pointlessly vast menu, pointless because 2 choices of the cake were unavailable by 12.40 in the afternoon, then the choice of cake chosen was obviously for people on a diet as I had never seen such a small slice. Although credit where it is due the staff trainer must excel in their art as it takes considerable skill to cut such a small slice from a cake. Drinks arrive eventually but are not necessarily the ones you ordered. Then the staff seem to think it is a good idea to let everyone have time to finish their drink before getting around to serving your food. Did notice that staff seemed to manage to be able to move fast when it came to getting food and drink for themselves and proceed to run off upstairs with it.I can only hope that this establishment lives up to its name and that an August heatwave wipes any trace of it from Folkestone by September. AVOID.

4  Thank sophiedrowland

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Popped in for breakfast... ended up having crepes, waffles and frappes, sat outside in the sunshine.
All very nice and service was quick and with a smile. Would definitely return for a nice alternative treat to the usual bacon/eggs breakfast.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Looked like a lovely place to have breakfast but service was slow and inconsistent. Had to wait ages with food arriving before drinks. A couple who arrived 5/10 minutes after us were also served before us. The jam tasted poor but reasonable amount of toast provided.Whilst it wasn't expensive expected better.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I haven't actually been in the Canterbury one, we went in the newly opened Folkestone cafe. Myself and my teenage daughter visited on a Saturday afternoon, trade was steady people sitting outside as well , staff very attentive in fact three separate members of staff asked us if we were ready to order! didn't realise I was taking so long to decide.. my daughter had a strawberry milkshake and I had an iced latte and a special crepe, strawberry's and white chocolate. All very nice, my daughter thought that they should have had chocolate milkshake on the menu being a chocolate cafe!

2  Thank Jackie C
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Only ever go here for a hot chocolate as the food has always looked so-so and if you want chocolate walk round the corner to Madame Oiseau and get some proper stuff. For us it usually works thus: I sit down and wait the statutory 15 minutes to get noticed, she walks round the corner and get a selection of excellent chocs from Madame Oiseau and by the time she gets back the hot chocolate is arriving. The hot chocolate here is truly an experience but everything else looks pedestrian.