“Best Chinese in Canterbury”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Golden Kitchen

Golden Kitchen
Ranked #188 of 363 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Chinese, Fast food
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese in Canterbury”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I've had the privilege to sample Chinese food on 2 continents and many different countries but this restaurant made me say “wow.” The all you can eat menu for £12.95 is a bit pricey but worth it. They have a wide selection of starters and mains that include all of our western Chinese favourites. Service is a bit lacking sometimes though it is a very small business and I’d feel the pressure to be working that much! Have had their delivery service as well which usually turns out just as nice as dine-in. Overall a very well executed service and delicious food, would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2013

Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“Good food, good value”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I eat here a lot, i make myself sick i eat so much, the starters are brilliant, best satay chicken and sauce ive ever had, by the time the main meal comes out your stuffed, but it also is very nice.

Its a small but chinese run restaurant, and you know its good as other eastern people eat there regularly.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Totally big disappointment.”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Went there with friends and notice they have the same menu as Super Noodles famous Fusion Menu. Noticed they even copied Super Noodles Fusion description wordings. Didn't enjoy the food at all. Going back to Super Noodles.

Hartpury, United Kingdom
“Quality Authentic Chinese Food”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I went here with my mother for dinner last week and was pleasantly surprised by the variety and quality of the food! Being a student I miss eating proper chinese food cooked at home, so this was such a treat for me to find a place serving the same standard of chinese food I would expect at home. My mum ordered off the chinese menu, we a had chinese aubergine and mince pork dish, a tofu dish, a plate of noodles with beef (gon chow ngau hor) and some a bowl of plain rice. This is probably the best chinese food I've had in the whole of Canterbury! They are a takeaway too so will definitely be ordering food from here! The restaurant is small, it is more like an eatery but I don't think that should put people off. Staff are friendly. If you want to try something a bit different and authentic instead of the common chinese restaurant food, I recommend coming here!

Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“Great Find!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I When you first see the Golden Kitchen from the outside you may be tempted to walk by... DON'T!
From the moment we walked in to the moment we left we were look after so well the service alone is reason to come back. The food was very fresh, lots of flavor and not at all greasy as some Chinese food can be.
The man who was serving was always smiling, helpful and very jolly.
We tried the £12.95 eat as much as you like and every dish was fantastic and you cannot beat the value for money.
My wife and i don't get to eat out very much due to a big family but it was a real treat to find this.

You won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2013