“Welcoming, great value, great atmosphere”

The Canterbury Tales
Ranked #60 of 69 Nightlife in Canterbury
Clevedon, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Welcoming, great value, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Great pub, great beers on tap and wonderful staff.
I have been to this pub countless times and everytime ive been more than happy with the service and product. Great pub all round

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Rude staff and ripping off customers.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

On New Year's Eve I went to this pub and ordered a Cranberry and Vodka, which came to £3.80. I handed the lady a £10 note and she gave me £1.20 change. When I told her I had actually handed her £10 note she just smiled and said I hadn't. I knew for a fact that I hadn't as I had just come from work and been given a £10 note as a tip and taken another two £10 notes from my bag. However, this lady maintained that I had given her a fiver. I wasn't drunk as this order was my first drink of the night and I think it is appalling that a pub would try to swindle more money from customers in this manner. Neither my friends or I would be willing to go back.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Roya E
Poole, United Kingdom
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Nice atmosphere, great ale.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Nice little pub with a good selection ales. The atmosphere is really good, juke box and open fire. Cannot complain.

Visited January 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Better pubs in Canterbury...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Decent décor spoilt by surly bar staff, collapsing sofa, dirty toilets, surcharge for cards, only two choices of wine...

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jb332
Faversham, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Its ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

Not a bad pub. Best part of the pub is the Art Gallery upstairs, which I understand is now being removed. 35ml shots at good prices, but the facilities are in much need of TLC. convenient for the new look Marlowe opposite, but there are many better pubs near by for a pre show drink.

Visited November 2012