“Beautiful”
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bathroom sink
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Vicslips
Hythe, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 27 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Amazing place to stay,took my boyfriend for his 50th birthday we were both thrilled when we arrived such a quaint place,everything you need is supplied even had a lovely hamper left full of local produce which was a lovely touch. Hottub was brilliant too not your usual style but this made it better...would highly recommend a stay here.

Your age range 35-49
karl j
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Like being in the Flintstones!”
Reviewed 20 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The title of the review may make it sound primitive but it is far from it, it is just my overriding feeling was being somewhere totally different to the usual hotel or lodge, the design was such that it really felt like we were in an old stone hut or cave, albeit one with ensuite, Sky and a hot tub!
I can't say about value or how easy it was to book as it was a surprise present for me but I'll just say it didn't look cheap!
First impressions were excellent with a lovely hamper of quality goodies and a banner as it was my birthday, the house isn't big but then it is designed solely for two people and so there is plenty of space, the fact the living area doors open up completely makes it much more spacious than it might first appear and means we were able to keep cool despite temperatures being in the 30's whilst we were there.
The hot-tub is a lovely design too - very different to the usual plastic affair and it was very comfortable, we did have a technical issue with it but after a quick phone call the owner came out and sorted everything for us although we didn't use it as much as we normally would due to the high temperatures, it is however in a nice shady and extremely private spot.
Everything was spot-on, very clean, very quiet, and if you look through the bathroom window, which is basically a 12 inch square hole in the wall that pulls out, there was a very fat wood-pigeon on a nest which was lovely!
We go on a lot of lodge holidays and what really made this one stand out was the design - it actually did look handbuilt rather than some generic tree-house, which really added to the atmosphere and made for a very relaxing stay.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The design of the lodge was excellent
Lottebubs
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful - one off the bucket list”
Reviewed 22 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Had a fabulous 1 night stay for husbands 40th Birthday, which rounded off a weekend away in Whitstable. Welcome pack and card was a lovely touch - thank you. Had everything we needed and thought it was spotless throughout - not a creepy-crawlie in sight. I loved the rustic quirkiness of the building and all the handmade fittings and features, blended with modernity, like a fully functioning shower, DVD, Sky, cooker etc. a really unique experience. The hot-tub and Sky instructions were all really easy to understand and we had a very relaxing afternoon and evening. Enjoyed listening to the wildlife settling down at dusk, slightly mad seeing emu from the terrace steps.

We stayed on Father's day and the local pub up the road was packed all day - popular venue locally, so we went for a drive and found an M&S, so bought some lovely ready meals and ate in instead. It is a hideaway after all, so why would you want to leave?

Despite the rain and wind overnight we had a really cosy relaxed time and would definitely go again and recommend.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Totally unique and very quirky
Liked least: 4pm check-in
Becky T
London, United Kingdom
“Don't bother providing "feedback".”
Reviewed 27 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

I booked The Treehouse almost a full year before our stay, for our first wedding anniversary.

A few weeks before our arrival during email conversations with Michelle, I requested local information and a list of recommended restaurants. I actually requested this twice, during conversations regarding payments. My requests were ignored on both occasions.
I also emailed Michelle the day before our arrival to ask if there was an iron and ironing board in the Treehouse. I received my reply confirming there was two days later when we were already there.

The Treehouse itself was rather lacklustre. The treatment I have received form Michelle since our visit is quite frankly disgusting.

The day after our departure I emailed Michelle pointing out some areas I feet required improvement.

Here are a few examples:

Entertainment system / Sky Box. Archaic, in need of serious update. Not all the speakers work. We were unable to watch a DVD due to the DVD player only playing background music and sounds, couldn't hear voices (very strange), was ok when using Sky. The sky remote was filthy.
Chemicals left next to hot tub. – no instructions of how to use, or if we needed to. Foam was an issue, but I wasn't going to start paying around with chemicals.
Not all lights above Hot Tub work.
Plates, bowls, frying pan were not clean. We had to clean everything before we used it.
The place is full of cobwebs.
Plant pot with a dead plant in.
Bag of soil dumped in garden area
Animal nesting in the roof – this kept me awake until around 2am on our first night.

I stated that the overall feel of the place suggests that not much effort is put into its upkeep. Investing a small amount of money back into The Treehouse would restore it to its original glory.

Michelle emailed me back quite swiftly focusing on a couple of the issues mentioned but not all. She pointed out that I had not contacted Chris, her husband who takes care of maintenance to raise any of my issues while we were there.
I explained I wanted a nice quiet relaxing couple of days with my husband, and didn't want to be calling maintenance and making a fuss. Most of the issues were general observations that I feel reporting after our stay is more than fair.

I had to keep chasing Michelle to reply to my emails. She told me I should have refused to stay on arrival and she would have given me my money back. I didn't want my money back. I just wanted to point out a few things to prevent future guests from being as let down as I was.

I never even received a reply to the last email I sent Michelle. I never received an apology or a thank you for my feedback. Nothing.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Boomakes
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Unique and unforgettable”
Reviewed 23 April 2016 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

We had a fabulous 2 night stay for our 10th anniversary. The welcome pack on arrival and card were really appreciated.

I did feel a little bit sea sick for the first hour or so as there is a very slight movement when you walk around but I am a bit over sensitive!

The hot tub was utter bliss.

We went for a stroll but spent our whole time at the tree house using the facilities including vegging to watch TV on that massive screen.

Would love to visit again one day.

Bridget C
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Unique hide away”
Reviewed 16 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We stayed for just one night for a special birthday get away. It was so fantastic and unique and felt really cosy inside. There's a wildlife park next door so occasionally we would spot a Emus from our window! Such a special place, only wished we could have stayed longer! Couldn't recommend it more.

Your age range 25-34
jacqui821
Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Lovely couple of days”
Reviewed 26 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Booked this Treehouse for a birthday treat for my partner. Two days spent in this quirky place was a great way to unwind. We were greeted with a basket of tea coffee jams etc and fresh milk and a bottle of Prosecco. We are not great tv watchers but decided to try the projector set up with surround sound. Found so many music channels, spent the latter part of the evening having a good sing song. Loved the hot tub and it was hot, never tepid. Great setting under the Treehouse but do remember to switch the lights on. Visited Whitstable and Canterbury whilst here and also the local pub where we had a fab meal.The Royal Oak. Note: The Royal Oak does not do evening meals on a Monday through to Wednesday. All very romantic and highly recommended

• Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing