“Real ale - Real welcome”
Review of The New Inn

The New Inn
Ranked #10 of 68 Nightlife in Canterbury
Reviewed 3 August 2014

this is a real little gem in Canterbury - if you like big corporate pubs - STAY AWAY this is not for you however if you like real ale good conversation and a real Kent welcome then find it ,,,
lovely garden, games and lovely atmosphere The best pub in Canterbury by miles

1  Thank gaynor j

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The New Inn is hands down my favourite pub in Canterbury. I found it late into my Uiversity experience down in Canterbury but visited it many times and always made sure when I popped back to see friends we stopped for one in there.
It's a delightful pub with a constantly changing selection of ales and always seemingly to source local beer too as well as the larger breweries. Lager wise, the pints I had off Bitburger and Kostrizer were a revelation but the whole ambience and atmosphere pub was what made it the best pub in Canterbury. The front bar was cosy, the staff was always pleasant and always made sure they said thank you as we left. The back bar including an alcove with a small library and selection of board games. And some of our more casual pub nights included games of Jenga or connect 4. The outdoor seating area is spacious considering the size of the pub.
A warm and friendly pub, and perfect for a casual night with a few friends and well worth the little walk out of the city centre.

1  Thank Tom_Pears91
Reviewed 8 March 2014

A delightful Friday evening with friends at the New Inn...full of charm and character, offers a wide range of local ales and cider and a lively friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank Victoria P
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Surprised to not see many reviews for this fantastic gem! Lovely pub, fantastic welcoming landlady and staff. I know I will always be greeted with a bright 'Hello!' when going for a drink here . Very relaxed atmosphere and not a hint of trouble. If you have not been to this pub I suggest you make a beeline for it!

5  Thank H A