“A lovely cup of tea”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Horsham, United Kingdom
“A lovely cup of tea”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My wife and I stopped in twice during our three day visit to Canterbury. Tried the Earl Gray Darjeeling tea and will be buying this to drink at home! We loved the ‘Teapig’ tea bags squeezing nearly six cups from a pot for two.

We experienced first-rate service from the very pleasant and cheerful staff. We both enjoyed the generously filled rolls served very promptly at the table.

An all round excellent time spent in Susan's Cafe.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
nonstoptraveller
“HOW much?!?!!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We visited Susan's on a Saturday afternoon, we'd seen it a couple of times and decided to go in and give it a whirl... It's nicely decorated, they have colour-changing lights in the ceiling and pretty teacups. My seat was really comfy because it had a nice cushion on it. The staff didn't realllly seem to completely know what they were doing though, it wasn't clear whether we were supposed to order at the counter or if they were going to come to us, and I'm not sure if they knew either.
Anyway, eventually we ordered a pot of tea for two, a bowl of soup, and a ham roll. And that's exactly what we got: a plate with a bread roll with a piece of ham in it and a bowl with some soup in it. Granted, my friend who had the soup didn't want any bread but.. I did expect a little garnish of cress or a decorative tomato with my roll.. Especially as the ham roll cost £4.95... I can make a ham roll at home for 10% of that.
Our total bill came to £13.20, which seems rather steep for what we ordered - I'd be happier going to the Veg Box in Canterbury and spending the same amount but not being hungry when I left.
Sure, some people are going to like this quaint little English cafe but in the future I'll be doing my eating in places where the price of the food represents the amount of eating you get to do!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank hooplaaaaaaaaaa
newbury
“Charming small cafe”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

This cafe is run by lovely people who seem to reallly care about customers and who offer good quality products at fair prices. I had a goats cheese and red onion tart and my husband a slice of their special pork pie. Both were served with salad garnish. The food was excellent quality. They also do soup and sandwiches in what looked like fantastic bread. Cakes also looked good. This cafe is close to the cathedral but a bit quieter than the main area and a change from the many chain coffee shops.

• Visited August 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful little homemade coffee shop”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Just out of the hustle and bustle of the busy high street, along the beautiful cobbled lanes sits this cosy little coffee shop that is the most comfortable place to drink coffee and indulge in naughty cakes you could image. Rich in homemade products to consume and purchase, this place is full of character and charm, accompanied with friendly and helpful owners.

Well worth a visit if you are in Canterbury and want some great coffee and cake or a light yet delicious lunch.. Say hi from me :)

• Visited August 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Really nice little cafe”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Just a little out of the way - only a couple of hundred yards so no great effort required - but far enough for you not to be part of the heaving masses near the cathedral - is this nice little café serving light meals and deliciously fresh cakes (I had coffee and walnut), with very friendly and efficient staff. On a very hot day my wife enjoyed a very nice and unusual iced fruit tea (with real fruit) and I had a nice iced latte.

• Visited July 2013