“Unforgettable ”

Leonora’s Kitchen
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bistro offering a selection of freshly prepared Mediterranean dishes and a great wine list. Serving Brunch, Lunch & High Tea. Homemade cakes & pastries. Take away options.
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

An unforgettable evening! Lovely home cooked food with the added value of a choir practicing in the front room! If I could rate this venue 6 stars I would.

1  Thank Robbingswine

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We found this lovely little restaurant tucked away from the main streets in Canterbury. It is only small and we sat out the back where the food is cooked - it feels like someone's kitchen (which I suppose it is) and has a nice atmosphere. The food was great, lovely lamb tagine, salmon pasta, frittata and an excellent little lunchbox for children. The (usually taciturn) teenager voted the salmon pasta the best the he's had and other highlights included the bakklavor.

Good value, friendly - sadly we don't live near enough to go back often but as we're in the area regularly we will certainly go back.

1  Thank Nicki H
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I loved sitting in the back room and watching our food being prepared
We called in for a cup of tea before a singing competition and we quickly booked for our group to have dinner later. Karen made a great effort to ensure that we had a lovely meal in time for singing
The food was delicious, fresh and we had a warm welcome.
I definitely recommend Leonora's Kitchen for lovely food and great atmosphere.

1  Thank sarahdavis100
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Lunch at this very friendly restaurant as a surprise treat on Mothering Sunday from my husband and two children. Sat in the back room where the cooking takes place, like being in someone's home, Karen and the rest of staff so friendly. The tables out the front make the place feel like a continental bistro. My fussy children were catered for ('can I have parmesan chicken...without parmesan'!!) and we had mezze and a lentil soup then a lamb tagine which just melted in my mouth and a delicious chicken pasta. We managed to share puddings, fabulous chocolate brownie (which seem to be a speciality) and ice cream. Decent wine list, some interesting local (Kentish) soft drinks and good coffee. I think this place is a bit of a find, and will definitely go back again...I'd like to try one of their curry evenings next!

1  Thank Shmaggle
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

A wonderful find in Canterbury, welcoming and homely as you get to talk to the chef, and beautiful food, delicately spiced, with an interesting twist. The lamb tagine is stunning! There is nothing ordinary about this place. I'll definitely be going back.

1  Thank Visitor1812