“Wonderful that they cater for Coeliacs”
Review of Oscar & Bentleys

Oscar & Bentleys
Reserve with OpenTable
Oscar & Bentleys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 372 Restaurants in Canterbury
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Oscar & Bentleys is an intimate bistro set in one of Canterbury's beautiful, historic buildings, with a modern art deco interior. We serve classic & inspired seasonal dishes. Quality is at the heart of everything we do - from our carefully selected suppliers to the finishing detail of our dishes. Everything is beautifully presented to give you, the diner, a wonderful experience. We have an interesting selection of vegetarian, gluten & dairy free options available at all times.
“Wonderful that they cater for Coeliacs”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We visited this lovely restaurant on a Friday lunchtime. Staff very helpful and pleasant. I was delighted to find that everything on the menu was gluten free. The food was first class and reasonably priced. I would be happy to recommend and I am looking forward to my next visit!

• Visited April 2014

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Nice little restaurant with good set menu option”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Called in on the off chance on a Saturday night. Waitress was very welcoming and nice atmosphere of pre theatre diners. Good service throughout with a nice menu choice. My partner had the 3 course set menu which was excellent value for money. The deserts were the highlight with the best sticky toffee pudding and warm chocolate brownie we've tasted! All in all very nice.

Visited March 2014
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Gluten free Restaurant”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is a restaurant that caters my dietary needs. Being a coeliac its nice to look at the menu and know that I can have anything on it without asking if its gluten free. The restaurant is quite small but very clean and bright. It also caters for lactose free diet. The staff are very helpful and I would definitely recomend you try it.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank redboy23
Fray Bentos, Rio Negro, Uruguay
“Hidden delight”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

On a wet lunchtime, my friend and I rushed to get off the rammed high street and stumbled into this lovely pub type posh restaurant. It clearly was a pub but has been excellently refurbished. It's spotless and very pretty. Lots of mirrors, glass decorations and the obligatory word "Artisan" emblazoned outside.
The food was good, fairly priced considering the location and the lady serving was very friendly. I had ham, eggs and chips and my friend had the crispy duck pancakes (although the duck was minced and not crispy). Napkins were luxuriously thick (always an indicator of quality of overall experience) BUT I had no idea this was a gluten free restaurant! Only discovered when I wrote this review, so maybe a bit better promotion outside would be good. This is however a back handed compliment as I might have thought the food would be "weird" if I'd known, so it was an education for me and a gold star for them.

• Visited February 2014
Kent
“Fantastic service, couldn't be more helpful”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We are both dieting and they were so helpful making our meal perfect ( fat free). Great atmosphere and fabulous food. THANKS!!!!