“So so food”
Review of Oscar & Bentleys

Oscar & Bentleys
Reserve with OpenTable
Oscar & Bentleys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 377 Restaurants in Canterbury
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Oscar & Bentleys is an intimate bistro set in one of Canterbury's beautiful, historic buildings, with a modern art deco interior. We serve classic & inspired seasonal dishes. Quality is at the heart of everything we do - from our carefully selected suppliers to the finishing detail of our dishes. Everything is beautifully presented to give you, the diner, a wonderful experience. We have an interesting selection of vegetarian, gluten & dairy free options available at all times.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Not our favourite place but recently gave it another try but sadly the food was not great and the prices are still far too high.

1  Thank EandC7
Sarah O, Owner at Oscar & Bentleys, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Hello

I am so sorry to hear you had a bad experience on Thursday. It is so unusual for us to have an unhappy customer I would really appreciate it if you could let me know what food you had and at what time of day. I always follow up the few negative experiences that customers have with the staff that were working at the time to ensure that all process is being followed.
I am surprised that you feel our prices are high, we constantly price check with other local businesses and always come out vey competitively.
As before, if you can give me any further details I would greatly appreciate it.
Kindest regards Sarah

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband is Caeliacs and this is the best restaurant serving gluten free food we have ever been in. The fact that absolutely everything is gluten free means he doesn't have to scan the menu to see what he can eat before deciding what he would like to eat! I don't need a gluten free diet but it is still my favourite place to eat in Canterbury. Even if we are not in Canterbury for a meal I still can't resisting visiting for a cup of their amazing hot chocolate!! I can even have it made with soya milk! Friendly, efficient and yummy, what more is there to say!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We visited this lovely restaurant on a Friday lunchtime. Staff very helpful and pleasant. I was delighted to find that everything on the menu was gluten free. The food was first class and reasonably priced. I would be happy to recommend and I am looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Called in on the off chance on a Saturday night. Waitress was very welcoming and nice atmosphere of pre theatre diners. Good service throughout with a nice menu choice. My partner had the 3 course set menu which was excellent value for money. The deserts were the highlight with the best sticky toffee pudding and warm chocolate brownie we've tasted! All in all very nice.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is a restaurant that caters my dietary needs. Being a coeliac its nice to look at the menu and know that I can have anything on it without asking if its gluten free. The restaurant is quite small but very clean and bright. It also caters for lactose free diet. The staff are very helpful and I would definitely recomend you try it.

1  Thank redboy23