“Best restaurant in Canterbury!!”
Review of Oscar & Bentleys

Oscar & Bentleys
Reserve with OpenTable
Oscar & Bentleys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 376 Restaurants in Canterbury
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Oscar & Bentleys is an intimate bistro set in one of Canterbury's beautiful, historic buildings, with a modern art deco interior. We serve classic & inspired seasonal dishes. Quality is at the heart of everything we do - from our carefully selected suppliers to the finishing detail of our dishes. Everything is beautifully presented to give you, the diner, a wonderful experience. We have an interesting selection of vegetarian, gluten & dairy free options available at all times.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went in June for my birthday and I must say it was the most amazing experience!! The staff are so friendly and the food delicious!!!! As I suffer with coeclic disease I struggle with eating but here I could enjoy without worrying, so refreshing!!! I will defo visiting again and spread the word to all my friends!!!!

1  Thank Shezzap82
There are newer reviews for Oscar & Bentleys

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went last night as a party of 12 for my gluten free friend's birthday. The service was spot on, lovely menu and the food was really fresh. I had the gourmet vegetarian burger which was delicious. Would recommend their baked Camembert, I'll be having that next time! We ordered a gluten free celebration cake which was beautiful and huge! We will definately be returning. Thanks for a great night Oscar and Bentleys.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the best restaurant I have been to since becoming coeliac in fact the food is so gorgeous that my non coeliac mum and aunt found the food absolutely delicious. I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to eat onion rings and garlic bread again. And not just any old onion rings but the best I have ever eaten. I applaud the owners for being brave enough to run an allergy conscious restaurant and to consider the minority for a change. I also respect them for not taking advantage of coeliac suffers and serving sub standard food at extortionate prices. It is bad enough having this awful allergy without unscrupulous people taking advantage. A huge thank you.......everyone should visit this place and enjoy the amazing atmosphere, food and hospitality. Keep your chef!!!!!!!

2  Thank Paula S
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is the BEST restaurant in Canterbury. What a pleasant surprise to find a gluten free
restaurant with innovative and delicious food. I've eaten there twice within three days and
will return soon and often.
If you don't have celiac or aren't gluten intolerant, you will still enjoy your meal. My friends did.
Save room for dessert! The stem ginger and marmalade ice cream is amazing!
The dessert with vanilla ice cream and espresso is incredible. As is the brownie and so on....
Try this restaurant and then you will happily recommend it to friends.

1  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We came across this place while shopping in Canterbury and spent over an hour enjoying great food in the sunshine. In fact we enjoyed it so much we returned later for coffee and cake! Such a lovely child friendly place, would recommend to everyone!

1  Thank wls30