“Wow, what a yummy little gem!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oscar & Bentleys

Oscar & Bentleys
Reserve with OpenTable
Oscar & Bentleys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 364 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Oscar & Bentleys is an intimate bistro set in one of Canterbury's beautiful, historic buildings, with a modern art deco interior. We serve classic & inspired seasonal dishes. Quality is at the heart of everything we do - from our carefully selected suppliers to the finishing detail of our dishes. Everything is beautifully presented to give you, the diner, a wonderful experience. We have an interesting selection of vegetarian, gluten & dairy free options available at all times.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Wow, what a yummy little gem!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stumbled across this lovely little bistro whilst shopping in Canterbury, wow, wow, wow...........loved everything about it. Food was excellent and the staff were very friendly, they were celebrating their 'First Birthday' of being open a year, hope they enjoy many more years of success ..... we can't wait to return.

1 Thank 212Annie

Kent
“Can't Wait to Go Back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We wandered on a busy Friday lunchtime and asked if we could just have a coffee outside. Even though it was lunchtime, with a big smile we were told "Of course, I'll bring you out our drinks list".
We sat outside and enjoyed a pot of delicious peppermint tea and an Americano which Hubby said was excellent.
Sitting in the sunshine and watching the world go by we decided we would stay longer and have a spot of lunch. The set menu for very good value at £12.50 for two courses. I had tomato and mozzarella salad (with generous slices of mozarella) and Hubby had smoked salmon. Both dishes were well presented and very tasty.
Our man courses were pea and asparagus risotto for him and vege burger for me (hold the chips). Well, what can I say? Hubby was in almost raptures about his risotto. My burger was topped with roasted peppers, goats cheese and courgettes all on tasty toasted bread. (Vege burgers can sometimes be dry and lacking in taste but not this one!)The little leaf salad that came with it had a great dressing.
The staff are really friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We will most certainly be going back. (By the way, the loo was modern and spotlessly clean.)
Highly recommended.

1 Thank Loolah
“Def worth a visit...and again...and again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Fantastic good quality food, good value for money and friendly staff!Lovely setting and atmosphere!I will definitely be back!

2 Thank Meadsx4
Ashford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in Canterbury!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went in June for my birthday and I must say it was the most amazing experience!! The staff are so friendly and the food delicious!!!! As I suffer with coeclic disease I struggle with eating but here I could enjoy without worrying, so refreshing!!! I will defo visiting again and spread the word to all my friends!!!!

1 Thank Shezzap82
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went last night as a party of 12 for my gluten free friend's birthday. The service was spot on, lovely menu and the food was really fresh. I had the gourmet vegetarian burger which was delicious. Would recommend their baked Camembert, I'll be having that next time! We ordered a gluten free celebration cake which was beautiful and huge! We will definately be returning. Thanks for a great night Oscar and Bentleys.