Definitely not recommendable.
On the upside:
- rooms fairly clean and recently refurbished
- small garden area (well, with a bumblebee nest in the floor)
On the downside:
- guests have to prepare breakfasts by themselves (no frying pan, almost no cooking equipment) and clean kitchen afterwards
- shower very very very small (i am normal size, 6 ft tall)
- no staff available after check in; even at checkout time no one to return keys to
- window to road couldnt be closed
- overpriced (110 per night for cathedral view room)
- half of the building under refurbishment
- rooms very simple / basic (no TV, no desk lamps, no decoration)
Our advice: Stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caroline welcomes you to the Black Horse Inn Canterbury. We are a small friendly bed and breakfast located in the heart of Canterbury, Kent. We offer quality accommodation with en-suite facilities and serve yourself continental breakfast. We have a total of four rooms, all unique in their own way. All have en-suite power showers and tea and coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Black Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.