We chose Canterbury as a pleasant city to spend a night en route for the Dover-Dunkirk ferry. The Travelodge has been refurbished and rebranded in red and blue colours which look good, though we thought the fittings and extras a little spartan compared to other Travelodges we have stayed at. The wardrobe has limited hanging space, just one top shelf for clothes but no side shelves, there are no bedside tables, just a small space set into the bedhead, and there is no shower gel dispenser, just one very small bar of soap. Breakfast was fresh and served in a pleasant dining room - book online and save £1. I last stayed in the Chaucer Hotel in April 1965 when it was a Trusthouse branded hotel. I was delighted to stay again now, and it is just fine as a budget hotel for a comfortable short break a stone's throw from Canterbury city centre, and near to the Kent coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel built around attractive old House & retaining Regency appearance & atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelodge Hotels Ltd, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central Hotel Canterbury
- Swallow Chaucer Canterbury
- Hotel Swallow Chaucer
- Chaucer Hotel Canterbury