Stayed here when i was over at a graduation ceremony at the local cathedral. It really is lovely hotel,Its old but done up to lovely standards.
Staff where all lovely and everything that was asked was not a hassle for them. I had two rooms booked(Double beds),I got a room on the back of the hotel which was lovely and quite, My parents got a room at the front which was slightly noisier with the traffic/sirens and people coming home late at night and shouting. Beds where extremely comfortable. You would not wanna get out of them. Credit goes to the cleaners as well as they leave the room looking like new when they clean them. Is in a excellent location for walking up the main street.
We opted to have the breakfast each morning where cereal,Orange and tea,Toast,Sausages/Bacon/Eggs where all available and everything was filling to set you on your way for the day.
The days i was there,The wifi didn't work,As i have an international phone this would have been handy to have but only started working until the last day(Was there 3 days). The free wifi in the bar/restaurant is nice to have. My advice is pay for the wi-fi when you arrive and not prepay as it might not work.
The bar here is not very good tho. It hasn't to much to offer and if your looking for a good selection than this bar isn't for you.
Overall,Had a lovely stay and would stay again if i was over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel built around attractive old House & retaining Regency appearance & atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelodge Hotels Ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central Hotel Canterbury
- Swallow Chaucer Canterbury
- Hotel Swallow Chaucer
- Chaucer Hotel Canterbury