Stayed for a Saturday night. The location is ideal, a short walk from the town centre but far enough away to not suffer from any late night partying noise, at least our room at the rear was quiet. The room was spotless, all very new with a nice comfortable bed, then we pulled back the curtains ... The "view" was of what looked like the air con plant, about 3 feet from the window. On the plus side the weather was awful and we couldn't see it! Room 114. Could have done with more towels, only a hand towel and small bath towel for 2 people. The tap water had a tainted taste, which could have been the new kettle or just needed the tap running for a while. Apart from these minor gripes the hotel is a good deal considering it's location but you do need to add the cost of breakfast and parking. I would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel built around attractive old House & retaining Regency appearance & atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelodge Hotels Ltd, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central Hotel Canterbury
- Swallow Chaucer Canterbury
- Hotel Swallow Chaucer
- Chaucer Hotel Canterbury