Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central
US$106
US$103
Canterbury Hotel(Canterbury)
US$134
Ebury Hotel and Serviced Apartments(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$107
The Falstaff in Canterbury(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$116
Hotels.com
The Victoria Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$142
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$109
US$168
US$147
  • Pool
Cathedral Gate Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$106
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Canterbury City Centre Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$101
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstravel lodgecity centreexcellent locationcar parka ground floor roombudget hotelroom was largegood nights sleepfamily roomcomfortable bedper daygood sizefew minutes walkreception staffstayed here for one nightwould stay againold building
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I am a part time student attending a nearby University who was staying for one night as part of a college study weekend.
The hotel is more than adequate for a overnight or long weekend stay.
The rooms are simply laid out, but the outstanding feature of my room was the bed, It was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. This on top of its ideal location close to the city centre makes it an ideal short stay hotel.
One suggestion for improvement would be to make the staff a little more visible as often they were tucked away in offices around the corner from the servinf desks. However they were friendly and accommodating when spoken to.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I had planned a child free day for my wife and me, including an overnight stay in Canterbury. After spending out on Marlowe Tickets and budgeting for lunch, dinner and several drinks in the local pubs, I didn't really have stacks of money left for a hotel. We have previously stayed in the Catherdral Gate Hotel (which is a corker), but at £111 for the night was a bit too extravagant on this occasion.
The new Premier Inn came in at over £60, but the Travelodge was a very nice £47.
It's not inside the City Wall, but only just across the road near the subway, which keeps it quiet when you are ready to sleep. We have used Travelodge in the past and found them to be very basic, but worth it for the money. The beds in particular used be be quite uncomfortable and creaky, but we were very pleasantly surprised to find that they seem to have improved this little issue. My wife wasn't impressed to find that there wasn't a bath to soak. The wasn't a massive selection of tea and coffee stuff either, but reception were happy to supply more when we ran out.
The restaurant is pretty basic, but provided a nice all you can eat buffet breakfast for £7.65. The dinner menu didn't look too bad either, but we ate out in Canterbury (Tacos Locos - Great mexican).
Not the greatest, but worth it for the low prices...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

A great location for my weekly trips to Kent. Thanks to Dawn and her team - always go that little extra mile, always friendly and helpful. I would recommend the Chaucer Travelodge to anyone who visits Canterbury... Easy access to the town and the rooms are always clean and and of high standard.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We were visiting our daughter for the weekend and needed a reasonably priced hotel just to go back to at the end of the day. This hotel is all the things mentioned in the previous reviews ie easy walking distance to town, cheap parking - only £10 for the whole week end. We had B and B and the breakfast was good and plentiful and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever had in an hotel even if the room itself was very basic. When we arrive in the room there was a very wet and soiled towel hanging on the bathroom door and I had to go down to reception to ask for it to be removed, no telephone in the room which surprised me. But the noise in the hotel was unacceptable. The floor boards were so squeaky and noisy that just the normal act of people walking along the corridor and walking across the floor in the room above us kept me awake most of the night although why people pay to stay in an hotel and proceed to walk around all night beat me! So unfortunately I will not be going back to this hotel again, instead we will try the premier inn which is just a few minutes walk away from the travel lodge and has good reviews.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 112 which was very noisy, maybe other rooms would be better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I found my experience at the Travel lodge, very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the food was good and service was excellent. I would recommend this place for anyone to stay, as it also is in good walking distance to the town centre.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family