“Home sweet home! I am speechless!”
Review of Cafe Turquoise - CLOSED

Cafe Turquoise
Cuisines: Turkish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We were passing by butchery lane, saw the shop and fell in love with colours, decoration and atmosphere which made me wanna walk into the shop. Homely welcome and cosy seats were wonderful. Relax and comfortable, no rush attitude, non- robotic approach were nice which made us seat there for hours! Handcrafted beautiful cakes were worth money. Especially Pistacchio framboise and apricot Pistacchio tart were tasty. I haven't seen those cakes anywhere before including big chains!...Coffee taste was a great, my wife enjoyed special blend tea Egyptian Camomile infused with sencha cherry. Children had freshly squeezed homemade lemonade and orange juice. My other half enjoyed cabbage soup and daily dish, cheese spinach pastry from "mum's kitchen".
Thanks for everything and will come back!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Great front window, and happy staff. Wonderful location. Shame it cost me £27 for four small cakes, two english breakfast teas, a tap water and apple juice. Rip off. And the cakes were no better than M&S own. Nice idea, shame.

3  Thank Adam D
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Fantastic café/patisserie in the heart of Canterbury. A magical combination of the mystical and tasty delights of Istanbul and the atmospheric and charming environment of a very old English town. Highly recommended!

4  Thank MC S
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Went in with such high hopes after drooling over the window displays every time we walked past. It was pretty busy which I took as a good sign but it definitely wasn't. They were desperately understaffed - we didn't get brought a menu for about 10 minutes after which it then took another 10 to come back and take the order. Order of 2 coffees and 2 slices of chocolate and pear tart (which looked delicious) then took another 10 minutes to arrive. Though put off by this, I was hoping that it was just a busy time and the cake/coffee would make up for the poor service but the rock hard, dry cake with freezing cold, not possible to cut with a knife pastry, was pretty horrible. Coffee was fine but nothing special. To cap it off, I asked if the macaroons had wheat flour in them (as they often do but can be made without) and our waiter NOR the manager knew. Pretty bad considering wheat allergy is quite common, at least one person should know what ingredients are in the products they are selling.

Really really disappointed, it's definitely worth finding one of the better cafes in Canterbury as this one is not worth your time.

1  Thank milly021
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Since moving to Canterbury 5 years ago, and as a lover of sweet treats, I have been aching for a proper decent patisserie; here we have it. I first stepped into Café Turquoise with a friend for a quick drink. The coffee was absolutely delicious and was served with a cute little chocolate truffle and coated coffee beans, which I thought was a lovely touch and very reasonable at £2. I spent most of my time there staring at the array of beautiful looking gateaus and traditional Turkish sweets, but I resisted as it was too close to dinner! I came back today and opted for some macaroons, which were truly delightful (particularly the forest fruits), as good as any I've tried from the big French names. Service was welcoming and décor unique. A little haven in the centre of Canterbury. I will be back for more!

4  Thank Karen J