“good premier inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Canterbury
Tilburg, The Netherlands
“good premier inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed one night at this premier inn. i have stayed in Premier inns before and I am happy with the overall quality. This was a new hotel; so everything looked great. Extremely friendly staff, nice size rooms. Close to centre of town. No parking on site, but we were informed before arrival we would have to park elsewhere. Parking (paying) not far, easy reach.
All-in-all good hotel for city break!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I was expecting budget for the £29 per room I paid, but this hotel is really nice! In particular the bar/restaurant is exquisitely designed, comfortable, quiet with good food and considerate staff.
There were a few things not up to scratch. We parked in one of the few spaces at the back of the hotel (blue badge) but couldn't find an entrance. We had to walk all the way around to the front, which included going under the barrier! This was at night, wet and dark- really not safe at all for the cars coming in who may not have seen us. Plus it meant a long walk for me, which I found very difficult. Elderly people would also struggle with this.
It took a long time to check me and my friend in. I gave the girl the print out I was emailed but she just didn't look at it. She didn't understand how many of us there were, our names, how many rooms, which one was which- it took ages, all the while I was in pain as I can't stand up and there was nowhere to sit. They should get a couple of perching stools at the desk. Both our room keycards stopped working at various points. As I can't walk or stand for long, this left me in the corridor unable to get in. If I had been alone it would have been really hard for me to walk back down the corridor and all the way back down to reception again. I was in an accessible room but it was on the 2nd floor, furthest away from the lift! Accessible doesn't just mean wheelchairs, Premier Inn! Put your guests who can't walk close to the lift and preferably on the 1st floor, close to reception.
When I tried to sleep I was kept awake by continuous stomping across the floor from the ceiling above me. Really bad sound insulation. I could hear their bed creak. Then in the morning around 7am I was woken up by what can only be described as many coins being dropped onto a hard surface above my head. Very weird. This went on for sometime. I therefore did not sleep particularly well. The hotel have a money-back policy if you do not sleep well, but I didn't go this route as everything else had been so good. The fault is in the building design-I guess- on the cheap. My friend slept fine but I can only assume he didn't have anyone above him.
Breakfast was fine although I did have to ask for vegetarian sausages to be cooked for me. There was only a few of each item on display (1 tomato/4 hash browns. a few mushrooms) which is either done as a way to make you put less on your plate or just because they cook a few at a time to save wasting any. It was fine, I definitely didn't eat £8 worth, but it's there if you think you can! Overall I would definitely recommend the hotel, especially if you can get a £29 room.

Room Tip: There are no views, either looking out at Waitrose or the rear car park but looking out over the tow...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Folkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

recently stayed in the new hotel, rooms are lovely and service was second to none, however the rot may have already started to set in. YES a new purpose built hotel and the rot is already their the mens toliet in the lobby are dirty, and it was not a case it had just happended it was still their over an hour later, YUK.... so be careful the rot might be setting in if they dont keep on top of this it will be the rooms next, so my advice is be careful it early days it might be just a bad day but monitor, location perfect for visiting canterbury / graduation etc etc

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I spend New Year's Eve in Canterbury, and premier inn was the best choice, we made. Close to the town and staff was very friendly and service and food was great. Strongly recommended that premier inn.

1 Thank Anna B
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here over New Year's Eve. At £29/night, our room was an absolute steal. Being a brand new hotel, I was conscious there may be some teething problems, but I was wrong.
From the moment we arrived at reception (on the first floor) we were greeted by friendly staff who could not do enough for us. Our room seemed larger than a standard Premier Inn room, with a big comfy bed, and ensuite with a nice powerful hot shower. They've thought of pretty much everything including power sockets in the places you need them, a light around the mirror in the bedroom, tea/coffee with a kettle and a really good hairdryer (rare!) We didn't eat here but did have some drinks the night we arrived. It seems the staff at the bar are still finding their feet slightly (wrestling to make the till work etc) but all in all, a very pleasant stay and a fantastic night's sleep! Premier Inn is in my opinion a hundred times better than Travel Lodge - and if the special offers keep on coming, this will be the most affordable hotel in Canterbury!

1 Thank blondehotelfan
Almeria, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Newly opened hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Bed was extremely comfortable. Well situated within easy walking distance of city centre .pleasant restaurant with good choice of food to suit all family.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We had to stay here for 2 nights as we were without electricity,cant fault the place! Staff couldnt be more helpful,the absolutely BEST bed Ive EVER slept in .For the first time for years could jump out of bed without an ache or pain!
The rooms are well designed,clean & big enough.
I only have 2 suggestions...1st is shower caps for anyone under 6ft as shower is fixed& goes on yr head if u arent careful,&2nd there was no food in evening of Xmas day not even a sandwich otherwise brilliant stay esp. In circumstances!

Stayed December 2013