“"Travelodge Every Time"”

Premier Inn Canterbury City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Canterbury
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed for 1 night with my son, I was told I could have an early check-in at 12noon as I booked through booking.com, the Receptionist told me there is no such check-in time and that it was 2pm, however I had to be somewhere at 2pm so I was not impressed. Eventually after she got the key card to work I checked in at 1.30pm, I was told nothing about the bar/cafe or breakfast options, check out time or my room number and that I was on the 4th floor???????

I stayed at Canterbury Chaucer Travelodge the following night, this was better value for money and the staff were fantastic and accomodating, parking wasn't an issue either unlike Premier Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Dawn T
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Canterbury City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My partner and stayed in the new premier inn in Canterbury. Staff were very friendly. Parking a nightmare (parking limited) our room was great as we had a front facing room so we had nice view. Very sound proof as we didn't have noise from traffic. Sadly the only down fall to our stay was our bedding and my dinner. Other then that premier inn Canterbury has many things to see do and the town centre is just a stroll down the road.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed for one night with 3 kids in a family room. There was a double bed and two singles. The room was tiny but we were there only for sleep so it didn't matter. The beds were comfy, room itself and the bathroom very clean. Super friendly and helpfull staff. Very good breakfast, a lot of choice. Family friendly, children stay and eat for free. The only disadvantage is no parking and that's why I'm taking one star off:-(

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Great value for money £29 :))) I recommended this hotel, only 3 min walk from the city center. The room is the same as 4 star hotel, with hairdryer, tea n coffee making facilities, velvet cosines, lovely couch, very confortable and high as never seen before. Friendly staff and great breakfast. highly recommended xx

Reviewed 16 January 2014

A brand new conveniently situated hotel in the heart of Canterbury City Centre, very quiet - you could of heard a pin drop! (Even though the hotel is situated on the corner of a very busy traffic light junction.) The double bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Although there is no on-site car parking I was directed to a car park 5 minutes walk away (free overnight parking between the hours of 9.00 p.m. to 7.00 a.m. - £1.00 per hour 7.00 a.m. onwards. (A wheeled suitcase makes the walk very easy). i will be recommending this hotel to family and friends and I hope I get the chance to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Really nice modern hotel, everything you would expect of a Premier Inn. The new decor is lovely, rather than a sofa in the corner, it is set up more like a chaise-lounge,. The bed runner and custions are a beautiful crushed velvet, the whole places oozes luxury. The bedrooms i found were a little smaller than other Premier Inns, but with space at a premium in the city, what else can you expect.

The hotel is on the opposite side of the town to the canterbury west train station. So you have to walk all the way through Canterbury town centre to reach it. Not generally a bad thing as the town is beautiful, but we made the walk in heavy rain.

Big pluses for the location (apart from the central location) is the 24hr tesco located under the hotel and the waitrose across the road, so no massive walks if you need something simple.

We were going to enquire for some good places to eat, but over-heard the receptionist telling the lady infront of us, that she wasn't local, and knew very little, so decided to set out and explore ourselves. So i would recommend doing some personal research, just untill the hotel has been there long enough for guests to put in their own personal recommendations to the reception staff.

The new beds are fantastic, and we didn't hear a sound from anywhere, if i didn't know better, i would say we had the whole hotel to ourselves, the floor boards don't even creek in the corridors, its absolutly brilliant

Well done Canterbury... special mention to Leah at breakfast who has the most amazing bubbly personality

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed one night at this premier inn. i have stayed in Premier inns before and I am happy with the overall quality. This was a new hotel; so everything looked great. Extremely friendly staff, nice size rooms. Close to centre of town. No parking on site, but we were informed before arrival we would have to park elsewhere. Parking (paying) not far, easy reach.
All-in-all good hotel for city break!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends