“Nice stay”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Canterbury
Lancaster, England, United Kingdom
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was our choice of location on the way back from a long drive back from France. We've not visited Canterbury before so we thought we'd stay here. Front of house staff were excellent giving all the information we needed well. We followed other reviewers advise and got a £6 parking ticket for 24 hours to use in the nearest car park 1/4 of a mile away. This is a newer Premier Inn and has more up to date rooms and swipe access cards. The room was clean and spacious for all for of us and a cot. We ate breakfast here as we had a walk around Canterbury the previous evening and found this to be the best option. The waiting on staff were great. Food was good and well cooked. Would stay here again

Room Tip: Get all of your stuff you need in one go from the car as parking is very limited. Get a 24 hour £6 C...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FlyerUK99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
North Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Don't want to say too much of one of the incidents as it scales it down and they will know who I am and as I have to stay here regularly for closeness for my visit it was only a small thing. I requested something only to be told by receptionist sympathetically that it wasn't possible only to be told by 2 members of staff (that approached me) after that it could of been sorted, they could of accommodated my request, were very sorry and were we ok.
Room was comfortable, spacious and very clean and so was bathroom.
Breakfast...mmmm. We came down to breakfast at 9am. Went over to the hot pans to find no fried eggs, no bacon and scrambled eggs. We went back to our table after being told that some more was being cooked. My partner who decided against the British fry up decided to get some cereal but returned to the table as there were no bowls left, no milk in the flask and sugar. We decided to wait at out table until we could see it had all been re-stocked. My son through hunger decided he couldn't wait and went off to get a croissant....you've guessed it....non left. If he took a seat they would re-stock the crumpets, croissants and bread. After waiting with others sat at their tables, we all went up together and it had been re-stocked but still had to ask for butter and more apple and orange juice. As time was now limited as we had appointments it was a rush then eat and sort ourselves out. Next time I am going to give myself extra extra time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kent
Reviewed 18 August 2014

What we have all come to expect of Premier Inn. The rooms are the standard room you expect from a Premier Inn its hard to tell them apart. I just wish they would put more than two coffees in the room. If there are two people then there is not enough to have one each on arrival and one each in the morning. Simple maths! The check in is on the first floor which is a bit strange and was busy and cramped when I arrived but minor really.
There is an issue here with car parking. It is very limited and over places suggested are expensive. Here then is a tip. Check out the travel lodge nearby and park there. It is only £7.50 for 24 hours and the cheapest I found. You are located near the top of the town but it is about a three minute walk to the edge of the town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil2303
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We found this Premier Inn to have very friendly and welcoming staff. Very clean and comfortable rooms and dinner and breakfast in the Thyme restaurant to be of good quality.Would recommend a stay there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I usually caravan in this country, so not much experience of Hotels. Chose this one for its city centre location and reputation and was not disappointed. I walk quite well for my age, and found the visitor features of Canterbury well within my range. I was a shade disappointed with the cooked breakfasts which were a bit on the cool side, but this was compensated for by the number of options. I 'treated' myself to dinner once, (I was there 4 nights), and found the meal fine and the ambience good. The room was clean, well designed and modern. The duvet weighed too much for me, but a sheet and a bath towel solved that!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 18 August 2014

A great stay in a beautiful city. Although we were not here for it's attractions and famous architecture of canterbury cathedral, me and the girlfriend had a beautiful night. With local amenities such as Waitrose and other food outlets such as KFC and Burger King, this hotel gives you a choice of what you really want to indulge in. The service was top notch with parking facilities being an issue, the manager had dealt with this with the upmost professionalism and made me feel at ease with the options she had given me. Friendly staff as I got talking to one through the corridor who kindly gave me solid information in regards to getting plates and cutlery, she even offered to get it for me. Great service well done guys

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Lovely new hotel so whole hotel is first class. Rooms and bathrooms are lovely. Bar was also very nice although freezing. Restaurant was also very nicely decorated.Staff were also very nice and helpful. Hotel very centrally located.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple