“Friendly, clean and”
Review of Tudor House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canterbury
Tudor House
Ranked #24 of 74 Canterbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I stayed at Tudor Hhouse back in June 2008 while travelling solo. I liked it so I brought my husband this year.

The proprietors are friendly and welcoming and breakfast is more than adequate. I loved my scrambled aggs:-)

It's a real Tudor town house so the floors aren't straight, nor are the walls. But that adds to the charm and from the top floor you have a view of the Cathedral! Everything in the city is within a short stroll...the Cathedral is 2 short blocks away.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeniwren11
There are newer reviews for Tudor House

Reviewed 1 March 2011

Little quaint B&B located in the very heart of the historical city centre. As many other reviewers have stated, the hosts were incredibly friendly and welcoming. But its main selling point must be its fantastic location!

Although the facilities are pretty basic but perfectly adequate for a comfortable break none-the-less, it is its fantastic location and great value for money that make this place a wonderful option to stay in Canterbury. I know I am repeating myself, but if you are looking to be within a stone's throw of all the tourist attractions, restaurants and pubs, do choose this B&B as it will allow you to explore the town and then go back for a quick nap in the afternoon ;)

Despite a continental breakfast not being available (we found that a cooked full English breakfast was a little too much at 8 in the morning - and even though I absolutely LOVE a full breakfast, I just couldn't manage it on that particular day!) and opted for extra toast with jam instead, the host was very attentive and kept bringing us toast and offering top ups of orange juice and coffee :)

All in all, a great little place and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annarella1978
Reviewed 21 February 2011

this is my third stay at Tudor House.Clean as expected and great service and breakfast. Owner helped me with my luggage and assisted with tourist information

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank jsr28
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Booking was rather formal with strict Ts and Cs (checkout by 10am is pretty early, isn't it?), but everything was great. We were in a lovely Tudor room in a lovely Tudor house with an ensuite shower somehow squeezed into the room. We're not fans of carpeted toilets either, but overall it was very comfortable. The host was friendly and unobtrusive, and very attentive over the lovely breakfast. The location is great - just off the high street in the middle of the action (though we didn't stay out late at night with all the barely-clad students roaming the streets!). Definitely recommend the B&B though.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThorntonsTwo
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I stayed at Tudor House in July with my husband for my graduation at the Cathedral. It's position is extremely convenient, but also quiet. The bed was comfortable - very important - and breakfast beautifully prepared. The owners are friendly and accommodating, without being intrusive and the price is incredibly reasonable. If you don't mind the historic, sloping floors and slightly "rustic" feel about the place, then it is absolutely for you. It does not have the clean-cut perfection of a large chain hotel, but is well worth staying in and good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rosieracher
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Canterbury was the second stop of our recent 2-week vacation in England after several days in London. Tudor House was a great place to spend a night so we could enjoy Canterbury within easy walking distance of everything since it's inside the wall. We specifically looked for lodging that would be of historic interest, and were completely satisfied with our choice.

We traveled with my husband's mother and father who are elderly but in good health, so booked two rooms, theirs being a short flight of stairs up, and ours a floor up from theirs. Both rooms were quite comfortable with bathrooms inside. We all had a good night's sleep after enjoying a lovely dinner in the historic Weaver's House which is just around the corner. There is a pub just down the street as well, and an excellent bakery on the corner, just a few yards walk. The location of Tudor House couldn't be better.

The host was quite helpful in assisting us with parking, providing all the information we needed weeks ahead of our trip as well as upon our arrival. We had help unloading our luggage from the car as well as carrying it to our rooms. Because parking is not allowed on the street, we were directed to a nearby car park and provided a token for the night.

Breakfast was served in a lovely room with a large hearth, and is a traditional English breakfast or lighter variation on your request. Everything was delicious.

Our only complaint is that we wished we'd had more than one night at Tudor House to enjoy more of Canterbury and Kent.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kellypea56
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I've stayed in many hotels and B&Bs in Canterbury over the past 3 years since my son went to uni there, and a last, we found the perfect place! I was persuaded by the glowing reviews I'd read and it did not disappoint. Warm, cosy, charming, we had a wonderful breakfast, and the owners took such good care of us! It was nice to meet the other residents, and linger over coffee chatting. Very relaxed. Will definitely return. We would not want to go anywhere else now.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple