“Perfect Location & Great Stay”
Review of Tudor House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canterbury
Tudor House
Ranked #28 of 73 Canterbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This was a great base for exploring Canterbury. All of the rave reviews pretty much cover how wonderful this B&B is so I will try not to duplicate too much. I stayed in the room with two twin beds and a private bathroom with shower. The room and the bathroom were very clean which is obviously important. The bathroom would probably be tiny for some people but I live in Japan so it wasn't too small. It was not anything overly fancy but I was looking for a great location in a historical building so I got exactly what I was searching for.

I was about 5 or 10 minutes late for the end of breakfast and didn't expect to eat anything but the owner had waited for me to come down and my place was set in the dining room. I felt bad so I sat down and ate a little bit and drank my juice even though I didn't want to have breakfast that morning. He was very kind and offered to cook me something but I declined. Both owners were very friendly and helpful in the short time that I spoke with them.

The pub across from the Tudor House was great for a late-night pint. Also, the Canterbury Tales pub just down the street and over the bridge was a good place for an afternoon and late-night drink. The Parrot Pub had great atmosphere and wasn't too far away. I think that was one of the oldest pubs there. And then The Dolphin Pub was right near that one and was also decent. The Tudor House is very central for a fun pub crawl if you feel the need. :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank kobekeith

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have been spending my holidays in Tudor House for the past 5 years and am always really happy about it. I fully enjoyed every stay. The house itself is amazing, full of history and simply beautiful. You really feel like part of Canterbury's history, living there. The location is great, easy to reach from both train stations, directly situated at the high street and only one minute walk to the Marlowe Theatre and two to the Cathedral. The couple who run the B&B, Mazi and Mahmad are great hosts and are always very helpful. Overall I have to say, coming to Tudor House always feels like coming home.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Sima89
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This B&B is perfectly located in Canterbruy. It's in the heart of the old town and convenient to the Cathedral, shops and dining. It's a very old structure, so be ready for tiny rooms and crooked ceilings, floors and everything else which adds to the character. The owner was gracious and even allowed us to his WIFI access which worked perfectly from my room. The breakfast was just OK and the coffee was more like motor oil/sludge than coffee. Parking is about a 5 minute walk away which is OK. Make sure you have detailed and specific directions to this B&B. The streets are extremely confusing and it can be impossible to find.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PBABD
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Amazing little B&B tucked away in a tiny lane within 5 minutes walk of the cathedral. You are spoilt for choice with loads of places to eat and drink, just around the corner. Nice comfy rooms, though ensuite was bit too small. Yummy, homemade breakfast to suit your personal needs and get your day off to a perfect start. Strongly recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: Go for the one on the 1st floor along the landing. Big room and very comfy
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank drkamath
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I’ll leave it short and sweet:-

Gorgeous sixteenth century B&B, which oozes in charter.
Perfect location for Canterbury High Street & Cathedral, with the car park just a few minutes away.
Lovely owners - thanks so much Mazi.
Lovely room, extremely clean and very comfortable bed.
Excellent price.
Superb breakfast.
We will defiantly be returning!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovethesunyeh
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have stayed here on 2 occasions: in 2010 with a friend and most recently in the Spring of 2011 with my husband. I value my safety and this is an excellent place to stay: near the historical area of Canterbury, near shopping, restaurants, and the church I attend when in Canterbury-St. Augustine's right next door. The decor is traditional and clean, the proprietors are so helpful! A traditional breakfast is served and they make accomodation for early departures or modified diets.
If you want to stay in piece of history but still have good comfort THIS is the place to stay. The prices were very reasonable and there is access to car parking a short walk away. I hope to back in Canterbury and SOON and will plan to stay at Tudor House again.

Room Tip: We had a room with a shower
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Thpeaky
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Stayed at Tudor House for one night in Sept. They had special offer and considering the location, very much within walking distance to everywhere in Canterbury centre and owners so friendly, this was simply best value for money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple