“Evening Meal Friday 21/02/14” 5 of 5 bubbles

Thyme
Ranked #230 of 361 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: British, International, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: If you’re here for the day, you should try to make time for Canterbury’s famous cathedral, as well as the less famous but equally impressive St Martin’s Church and St Augustine’s Abbey. Or you could work up an appetite for dinner at Thyme with a punt on the River Stour or some leisurely shopping on King’s Mile or Whitefriars.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Evening Meal Friday 21/02/14”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Not sure about the other reviews on here but I and 8 of my work colleagues enjoyed a very pleasant evening meal there last week. The waitress was friendly ,polite and looked after us. The starter (duck parcels) and main (grilled salmon) was well cooked and very tasty and my friends enjoyed their food as well. Would definitely recommend and definitely go back.
Rob P

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“What happend?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I take back my last review,this place went frm great to very bad over night.after questioning a so called chef about our meal who had no idea what was on the menu then told hed get a manager to see me after his Fag!disgusting food shabby service and raw chicken!

• Visited February 2014
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Promising new restaurant. Pity about the food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is a brand new restaurant located in the city centre Premier Inn. It is tastefully decorated and comfortable. Also we found the serving staff polite, quick and efficient. Unfortunately we found that the food let the place down, not in the way it was cooked but in quantity and quality of the ingredients. My chicken breast was very small with a few chips and a small amount of vegetables. Also my wife's fish & chips tasted a bit strange and, on enquiring, we found that the fish was not cod or haddock as we would have expected, but some kind of imported catfish. We were left with the impression that this restaurant is run by accountants who wish to keep their costs down.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“FOOD AMAZING!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Thought we would try this place but wasnt expecting the food to be cooked and presented as great as it was!well done my husband and I will be returning!

• Visited January 2014