“Beautiful Place and wonderful personal service!”
Review of The White House

The White House
Ranked #6 of 75 Canterbury B&B and Inns
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Place and wonderful personal service!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked the whole of The White House in early August 2013 as a base for our wedding in Canterbury. Communication and organisation of all our different guests' arrivals was excellent; everyone was greeted warmly and personally. Adrian and Sharon were so accomodating; they could not do more to help out. The location was ideal for us, especially with many guests travelling from afar. On the morning of the wedding The White House proved a beautiful setting to get ready with the bridesmaids; such a beautiful backdrop for the photographs! The decor is stunning and it is absolutely spotless; such care and attention to detail have obviously gone into the decoration. It was so relaxing and fun; we felt truly spoilt and looked after by Adrian and Sharon. On our return from the wedding we found chocolates and a bottle of fizz to congratulate us; such a lovely touch! The following morning we had a wonderful cooked breakfast and enjoyed realxing with our guests in the lounge/diner. We would highly recommend a stay in The White House; beautiful place; fantastic service!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Northamptonshire
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at The White House for 3 nights in late August 2013 as part of a birthday get away for my partner Hayley. We had done our usual Trip Advisor research before booking and now could not agree more with the excellent reviews this guest house already has under its belt.
Having read on their website I was concerned that checking in was no later than 7pm so I phoned them first as we potentially would not arrive until 9.30pm..... I should not have worried, as on speaking with Adrian the owner it became clear that nothing was too much trouble, and they would do everything to accommodate.
This high level of personal service continued throughout our stay including having our bags taken to our room on the top floor whilst we parked the car, and a lovely surprise of a birthday card and chilled bottle of fizz waiting in our room for Hayley's birthday.
The guest house itself is spotlessly clean, and decorated with modern fittings whilst retaining the original characteristics of the building. It also has a fantastic location just a couple of minutes walk from the main streets, with shops and restaurants, and about 10 mins walk from the Cathedral.
Parking could not be easier, with concession rates offered for a car park literally 1 minutes walk from the from door.
If you visit Canterbury and choose to stay at The White House I am sure that you will not be disappointed. We certainly had a fantastic experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in this charming B&B having booked a restaurant in nearby Seasalter. On arrival we were greeted very warmly, able to check in early and had our transport sorted for our lunch straight away. The decor is really lovely, the rooms clean and very comfortable.
We were really pleased with the central location and really did have such a wonderful time. We hope to be back but next time for a little longer.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Oxted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Booked this bed & breakfast through laterooms. And more for convenience of location (it is next to the Marlowe Theatre where I was treating my husband to a night out for his 40th birthday) than anything else. But what a find!! The host, Adrian, is charming, friendly and welcoming. Our room was beautiful, immaculately clean and the bed super comfortable. Adrian called me the day before to check when we would arrive and advise of parking arrangements etc. and, because I had mentioned my husband's birthday, we were greeted in our room with a bottle of fizz and a card for my husband. Such a lovely touch and a great start to our evening out. Given the central location of the property it is surprisingly quiet and we had an undisturbed night; despite having the window open. Breakfast the next morning was a fun affair, with lots of interesting guests to talk to, great service and lovely food. We hope to find an excuse to return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed for two nights in this beautiful B&B while in Canterbury for a wedding. Ideal location right in the heart of town on a pretty side street. Adrian gave me a warm welcome and was so helpful throughout. He also very kindly upgraded me from the single room I had booked to a lovely spacious double. Room was very comfy and bright, with excellent quality bed linen and pillows, and everything you need to get ready for a big event including a full-length mirror, hairdryer, and an iron is available for borrowing! Great shower too. Breakfast was very nice. A few paint scuffs that could be tidied up here and there, and with it being an old building there isn't much sound insulation between rooms, but overall I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: I had room 2 - lovely and bright with a huge bathroom with full bath and shower over.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I enjoyed six nights at The White House and would happily return. Lots to see and do in Kent, and Adrian offers a great base. 150m from the heart of old Canterbury, Immaculate property. Comfy room. Hospitality tray. A Library of DVDs to dip into. Really nice breakfast. Ideal

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I recently stayed at The White House with a group of friends for a wedding. Even before arriving I had spoken with Adrian a few times and recieved an excellent service which only added to the warm welcome I had when I arrived. The entrance and living areas were stylish and inviting and when shown to my room it was in theme with the rest of the b&b - clean, spacious, airy and above all else comfortable. Breakfast both days was lovely and Adrian couldn't have done more to help any of us. The location of the b&b was excellent, and the owners were above and beyond supportive on the wedding day really getting in to the spirit of the day. I would most definitely return on another trip to Canterbury as well as recommending to anyone else who is going that way

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends