“Perfect location”

Canterbury Cathedral Lodge
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Canterbury
Reviewed 13 March 2011

I found this on Trip advisor and cannot recommend this enough. The location is perfect and the accommodation is of a very high standard. The rooms are very comfortable and all have a fantastic views of the cathedral. The staff are all very friendly and breakfast was good. We had arranged parking before we arrived and were able to park free in the cathedral grounds. We liked this accommodation so much that we stayed a second night and spent the second day touring around the local Kent area. Canterbury has the usual shopping centre, but if you venture out of the shopping centre there are many independant shops, cafes, restaurant and bars.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 14 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit here at Canterbury Cathedral Lodge. I was pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that you loved the location of the hotel.

I am glad you were pleased with the quality of your room and enjoyed our food offering. It is always particularly pleasing to know our guests have received a warm friendly welcome from our staff and please be assured that I will be sharing your feedback with the team.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2011

Inside the Cathedral close, protected from the High Street nightlife the Cathedral Lodge can't be beaten for convenience. Bonus points for secure car parking at the door. Rooms are small but well appointed and clean. We had a room with a wonderful view of the Cathedral, but with no net curtains we also had the bonus of rather unexpected views into all the other rooms facing the courtyard - keep the curtains well drawn to avoid attracting a crowd!
Overall the Lodge hits all the right notes as an apart-hotel. Remember to get across to the Cathedral for 3.15 Evensong.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 22 February 2011

Thank you very much for your constructive comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 January 2011

1. I got a free upgrade.
2. All staff were very polite, courteous and helpful.
3. Breakfast was yummy, no veggie option though on cooked breakfast:-(
4. Beautiful view.
5. EXCELLENT location.
6. Very, very clean.
7. Good night's sleep.
8. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 7 February 2011

Thank you so much for your kind comments . We really do appreciate you taking the time to post this review, it means a lot to us. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Lodge soon.

Very best wishes

Sally

Reviewed 31 January 2011

Came to visit my student Nephew with my sister. We were really impressed with this gem of a hotel right in the heart of the city. We had a fantastic view of the Cathedral from our room which was perfectly clean and modern. It was quiet and such a bonus to have free entry into the cathedral and parking so close to the city centre. We returned late in the evening and it was so exciting to ring the bell at the amazing Cathedral gate entrance and walk through the grounds so beautifully lit up at night. We sat in the Library and had a cup of tea and perused a selection of Christian books. All in all our weekend stay was perfect, with restaurants and shops nearby and history on the doorstep it was really relaxing and I will return with my husband.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 7 February 2011

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for your comments they are much appreciated. I hope to see you on your next visit.

warm regards

Sally

Reviewed 29 January 2011

We have just returned today, from a 2 night stay at the Cathederal Lodge, the purpose of our visit was for my Daughters Graduation. It truly was a magical experience, I had originally booked the Abode Hotel but cancelled it after reading the Trip Advisor reviews and I'm sooo glad I did. The location is perfect, our room was practically opposite the Cathederal which was lit up at night a wonderous sight, the bells even rang each morning at 7.50am fabulous way to wake up. I was very impressed with our room it was modern, stylish and spacious with a flat screen tv, a hairdryer, ironing board etc. Every member of staff we came across, was polite, helpful, cheerful and smartly dressed. When we booked it was with continental breakfast and free parking space, but to our delight they have now changed it too included a full english and they use quality nice bacon and cumberland sausages very tasty. My husband and I can not fault this hotel, its perfect quirky , but classy, I would definately recommend it to anyone who wants to visit Canterbury.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 31 January 2011

Thank you very much for your kind and constructive comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 January 2011

A great place to stay if you are visiting the cathedral. It feels special to be staying within the gates of the cathedral grounds and there are wonderful views from the rooms.

Service was very good and the room was spacious, well-decorated and spotlessly clean, with free wif-fi, cushioned window seats and discount booklets providing offers at local restaurants and pubs.

Breakfast is continental but there is plenty of choice - warm croissants, cold meats, cereals, fruits, juices, toast, etc.

I have one criticism and it's an important one - the beds were lined with plastic waterproof sheets which were incredibly uncomfortable and hot. It took a while to work out why we were unable to sleep and were so hot - once the plastic sheets were removed from under the cotton ones, we were fine and slept well for the rest of the night. I recommend you check for these sheets before you go to sleep!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 18 January 2011

Thank you for your comments, I am glad you had an enjoyable stay. Just to let you know we have now introduced a Full English Breakfast at no additional charge. I am sorry your sleep was disrupted by the protective bed sheet. Please let me know when you make another reservation and I will ensure the sheet is removed before your arrival.

James Perry

Reviewed 30 December 2010

We wanted somewhere in central Canterbury for a quick family trip to the UK. The Lodge was perfect. We had initially booked the 2 bedroomed apartment but on arrival were offered two twin rooms in the newer part of the lodge which we accepted. The rooms were simply but comfortably furnished and the views of the cathedral were majestic. The continental breakfast was perfectly acceptable. Entrance to the cathedral was offered free to guests of the lodge. We spent some time visiting the local shops and to be able to return to the tranquility of the lodge was wonderful. The reception staff were very helpful. This is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family