“lovely hotel, well placed & excellent value”
Review of The Victoria Hotel

The Victoria Hotel
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Canterbury
Reviewed 15 May 2011

If you are looking for a stay in Canterbury then i can strongly recommend the Victoria Hotel. Staff are friendly and welcoming, rooms are spacious and clean, restaurant serves great food and the breakfast choice is sufficient for everyones needs and appetite.
Walking distance into the centre of town is approx 15 mins.
Next time i visit i will certainly return to the Victoria Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Victoria Hotel

Reviewed 1 May 2011

My parents booked me in to this hotel as a quick fix for an overnight stay in Canterbury, and I really enjoyed my time here. Staff were friendly and the room was very clean, a bit cramped perhaps, but the bed was well made and cozy. Breakfast was the bit I was looking forward to and it didn't disappoint! A nice selection of cooked and cold foods. Would stay again if I were in the area again and needed a room.

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank gameArtist_
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Just returned from our second stay at the Victoria Hotel, the room was large and clean, as was the shower, the staff were all friendly and the breakfast was really nice, will go back again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mandy B
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Wasn’t expecting a 5 star hotel and certainly didn’t get it, what I got was good value accommodation with a comfortable bed to crash for the night.

The problem with Canterbury is that there aren’t many hotels, you either pay top end prices for Abode in the centre, settle for a B&B or stay out of town, this hotel is a good alternative.

£55 for the night represented great value for money. My top floor room had a comfy bed and a small bathroom, all I needed was a place to freshen up and sleep and this hotel delivered on that. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean with amenities and lots of towels.

The hotel is a short walk from the city centre and I parked my car overnight for free. I didn’t bother with the reasonably priced breakfast as Canterbury has an array of interesting coffee shops and cafes.

Some reviews of this hotel make me laugh, if you want 5 star accommodation stay elsewhere, if you want a clean bed, bathroom and nothing more then look no further….. great value for money!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Stayed just one night whilst travelling through Canterbury and was amazed by what outstandingly good value this hotel represents.

The room was fine. Very clean, good facilities, quiet and cost only £65.

The restaurant served an enormous breakfast which included everything for £6.95

Don't be misled by the low price this is a very decent hotel

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AtoZers
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Having read some of the negative reviews we were a little tentative and almost cancelled to rebook elsewhere. However, we were pleased we stuck with it, it's 3* star and that's what you get, 3* value. We had a £59 deal for one night, a large clean family room, a kingsize plus a single bed, hair dryer, trouser press, tea & coffee, armchair, flat screen TV, excellent clean bathroom. Very quiet considering the hotel is on a main road. We arrived late morning and were able to leave the car in the car park and walk into town - very helpful staff directed us. We ate at the carvery in the evening, the food was fine, just what you would expect for a carvery/3* hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast is a bit expensive, but was sufficient to set us up for the day's travelling. One "down side" was that the beds were a bit soft, when one turned over, the whole bed moved. I retreated to the single bed to get a good night's sleep. The guy serving the carvery was unable to arrange any gluten-free gravy, so I had to choose a different option from the menu. However the morning waitress understood to keep my gluten free bread, which I supplied, separate from other bread, and toasted it under the grill for me. I would definitely recommend this hotel, it's not a boutique hotel and it's not boutique hotel prices. So if your budget is limited, this is definitely a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend for new year, we arrived on the 30th and left on the 2nd and we had a great time! We arrived and was greeted with a friendly smile. We were put into a family room rather than just a double which had a double bed and a single, because of this our room was larger than the average, but it was perfect! the room was spotless, decorated nicely and made us feel at home straight away, the vanity desk in our room was a nice surprise and so was the hair dryer! the bathroom was spotless with a large bath and we were given extra towels in the wardrobe as well as the bath. The only downside we felt with the hotel is that if you wanted breakfast you had to pay normal rates in the restaurant. rather than it being thrown in with our stay. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple