“Home from Home at The Victoria Hotel Canterbury !!”
Review of The Victoria Hotel

The Victoria Hotel
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Canterbury
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My associations with this hotel go back nearly Four years ago, where we held my Brother in law's wake. and on that paticular occasion the staff could not have been better with dealing with all our family members and friends. because of this i stayed here just under One year ago, it was a flying visit so i didn't review it on Tripadvisor as the stay was just to short. as i had to take a family member from Canterbury to Gatwick to catch an early morning flight.

Once again i had to collect a family member from London Heathrow Airport going back to Canterbury and the thought of a further Two hour drive very late evening after a hard days work along a dark M2 Motorway was not an option.

The hotel has just had a revamp which happened about Three months ago, and both the Reception area and the rooms i was in Room 228 had been totally transformed. i just couldn't believe the transformation especially the bathroom which is a generous size for a hotel room !! and the hotel really looks all the better for it. i had an excellent nights sleep so much so i really didn't want to get up as the bed was so comftable !!

Breakfast choice is what you would expect it to be and if you a order the Full English it is cooked fresh to order. Yes you could stay in other Hotels in Canterbury and pay a lot more but The Victoria really is a home from home and all the staff work hard to make the hotel a sucess.

No doubt i will be back at some point again in the future !!

Room Tip: Most rooms are away from The main roads so you should get a quite room without any problemas the Hot...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay in Canterbury due to its proximity to the Euro Tunnel. After some research we opted for the Victoria Hotel as it was comparatively cheap and walking distance to the city. We stayed for one night and although the hotel is in need of some modernisation the room offered us everything we needed and the bed was very comfortable. The bar was open 24 hours to residents, allowing us to have a night cap after a meal out and there was parking at the rear which was very convenient.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

oldish , staff at the borderline of politines, food very poor, cleaness very poor , was not my first choice but i would definately will not go there again.We booked there because we thought it was close to the city of Canterbury , which it wasn't . Then we said ok since everything else was not available at the time. But we never felt welcomed, the hotel was old and bad maintained, some of the staff was rood , some were ok but not much. Overall I will never go there and I will certainly not recomend it to no one. Sorry.We were vwry disappointed because it looked nice on photos, but it was an other thing. Plus it the lication was bad.. and by the way the last day they knew we were checking out they didn't made our room!

Room Tip: not good unless you have to stay there for reasons
2  Thank daphne p
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Comfortable stay in good location, good breakfast, not so impressed with evening meal with overcooked veggies and burned potatoes.
Small room but very clean and comfortable bed, good shower at rear of building, ensuring quiet nights sleep!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I would like to thank all the staff at the Victoria Hotel especially the manageress Jackie she was very greeting when we arrived told us her name which is not always made on check in with other hotels and if we need anything just come to he,r also the young girl with dark hair who also was on reception I stayed there the last week in September after dropping my son off to start his first year at university, she knew what I was going through and she helped me on sites I can look at for a room as he could not get into halls, she went out her way to make sure if we needed help she would be there it was a busy Sunday Evening I waited for her to have a moment, I had a beautiful carvery service was excellent even though they were extremely busy nothing was to much trouble for any of the staff. The bedroom was perfect for my stay it was very clean and to have a proper bed for my son not a fold away. I can go on and on to say how good it was, all I will say the owner of the hotel should be proud of there staff especially management as she was very helpful I will return. Keep it up

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed here with my Mum middle of Sept and we were pleasantly surprised! Hotel room was large but unfortunately cold in the evenings.

However, dinner was absolutely lovely in the restaurant, portions were huge & very tasty. Breakfast was cooked to order which was superb. Staff were always very polite & helpful.

It's about a 30 minute walk to the Cathedral which was fine going, but our tired feet noticed it on the way back!

Would definately recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The first kicking thing is the bad smell in the receiving hall. Good room and breakfast fresh and complete. Bad service-room. they do not let you alone in the morning, because of the insistent cleaning service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business