“lovely hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canterbury
Acacia Lodge & Tanglewood Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 74 Canterbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This has been our second stay & again perfect hosts, we love this b&b with it's quiet location but a short stroll to the centre. Highly recommend if you like that personal touch, nothing is to much trouble, very welcoming!.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richardlizabeth

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at Acacia Lodge for a few days in July last year in order to attend my university graduation in Canterbury. My entire family thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, cozy and comfortable. The location was also very good; it is within walking distance of the High street in the city center. Tam, the hostess, was especially friendly and very kind. My mother actually left behind a pair of shoes and Tam posted to the shoes to my brother who lives in England (I live in Guyana) so that the shoes could be returned to us. If I have the opportunity to visit Canterbury again, I would definitely be returning to this B & B not only for the comfortable room but for the excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marissa R
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed at Acacia for several days over the summer and I would highly recommend it to anyone travelling through Canterbury. I had originally stayed here when I travelled to Canterbury with my family about 5 years earlier and I enjoyed my stay so much the first time I made note to come back this year. The location is just down the road from the heart of the city. I also experienced the best English Breakfasts I had over the course of my stay in England and had the opportunity to meet many interesting people from all parts of the world while I ate. The owners were very kind and I could not have asked for a more enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Emma G
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The owners are lovely and the rooms were wonderful and very clean. We had a very comfortable stay and enjoyed wonderfully cooked breakfast each morning.
It is only a 10min walk into town and you cant beat it's location and price!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 505s
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at Acacia Lodge in October of this year. I really enjoyed my stay here while we visited our son who is at the local university. The breakfast was very good, just the right amount of food, and seemed to be sourced from quality butchers.

I found the fact that I had free parking handy, as I noticed that quite a few of the B&Bs in Canterbury didn't offer this. Plus it was a short walk into town.

Lastly, the bed was great! I had an amazing night sleep. I travel a lot and having a comfy bed is a requirement as I'm sure that goes without saying. Oh, and the landlady was helpful too with her tips on where to eat. We tried Cafe Mauresque which was brilliant - Spanish/Moroccan style food with a very nice ambience. Overall Canterbury is a nice cathedral town, and I'm looking forward to going back in January.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Billy T
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We took three of our teenage children to visit Caneterbury over the August Bank Holiday weekend and made a point at staying at Acacia Lodge again. What was a wonderful weekend. Our rooms were very clean. The beds were comfortable and the freshly cooked breakfasts were really excellent to kick off the day. The owners were so pleasant, helpful and very knowledgeable about where, when and what to see and do in Canterbury.

We will definitely visit Canterbury again.

Room Tip: Quiet, clean and spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan V
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was our second visit to Acacia Lodge and the welcome we received from our hosts was just as warm as it was when we first stayed here two years ago. This cosy B&B is in an ideal location within walking distance from the town centre, railway station and uni. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the breakfast certainly hits the spot. The off street parking is a real bonus as parking in the area is limited. It was lovely to meet the other guests over breakfast and the owners really go the extra mile to ensure their guests have a wonderful stay in Canterbury.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are slightly quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple