“Love this hotel”

Sun Hotel and Tea Rooms
Ranked #67 of 74 Canterbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Such a beautiful hatel and great servive that made us feel very welcome. Our room was very clean and had been freshly painted. I like to say thank you Sun for a lovley stay and hope to stay again very soon

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 26 March 2013

This is a lovely place, with stunning bedrooms and great location. It's a pity that is not given a worth use. The staff is friendly, yes, but when I am paying those amounts, I expect more than friendly manners. The wi-fi didn't covered our room and no alternative was offered. The breakfast was sad... The staff being absence, it was the owner to cook it... as I said, it was sad The second day we didn't dare.
In my opinion, you could level up your service to balance it with the rest.

Room Tip: Sun Room with the jacuzzi, I think that is the only reason I would come back to the place. But remem...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Unique and charming place in a very central but quiet location, just seconds from the cathedral entrance. I couldn't have wished for a more comfortable stay, my only regret was that my stay was for just the one night.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 22 February 2013

On our arrival we were met by a helpful member of staff who upgraded us to the Sun room. Loved the room which was warm and clean and had a jacuzzi and beautiful bed. Yes, you could hear the goings on of the street below but it's a very old building! It did seem a little odd that the place was rather deserted as the staff were only there to let us in and in then in the morning. Both of whom were very friendly. It suited our needs perfectly and I would happily stay again. The only drawback being no on site parking but that's expected given the location.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This delightful little hotel is in a perfect spot right in the middle of the old city and on the face of it all is perfectly acceptable. Apart from the price. When I am paying three times as much as just about anywhere else in town, I want better attention to detail. The staff were friendly and it is only niggles that annoyed me but as I said for the money, they could try a lot harder to satisfy the more discerning of visitors.

Room Tip: I was in the Sun Room. Great views along three medieval streets and a whirlpool bath.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I booked a £100 room last weekend and when I arrived there was nobody there. All doors were locked with just a piece of paper with a phone number stuck to a wall. I called but it went straight to voicemail, a redirected landline to a mobile. 26 calls later over 1 hour in -2 conditions and the same! In the end I had to pay another £100 for another hotel elsewhere. The guy didn't even reply to a single voicemail message I left. Compete scam!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Immy2013
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The hotel has a fantastic location right in the heart of Canterbury next to the Cathedral. The hotel itself is a very old building which was very charming, as were the staff. We booked a family suit but sadly it wasn't suitable for children as it had no bath and lots of cables running down the walls from tv's/ videos's / kettles etc. it also had lots of plug holes at toddler face height with no covers, most annoyingly there was no high chair or breakfast option for kids ie no fresh fruit or yoghurt or cereal. Sleeping was tricky due to the bright hall lights coming in under the door and a previously set alarm going off on snooze from 5am. However a charming hotel great for seeing the sights of Canterbury.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family