“Rip off wine!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We have been using the Kudos for 15 years,but on this occasion having already paid £20.00 for a average bottle of white wine,my wife fancied another glass.This was the cheapest house white,which must have been the smallest glass I have ever seen (poss less then 125 cl). The bill arrived and the extra glass was £4.95! I complained and a senior manager (who seemed to be unsure who her employers were?!) informed me all was correct. I explained that in 15 years we had been satisfied and could they rectify the matter,but alas, no was the reply.
I paid the bill but will think twice about returning, shame as although the food is expensive we have enjoyed the Kudos in the past.

1  Thank Philip W

Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

I used to live in Canterbury,and went to Kudos hundreds of times service and food always perfect. Family and friends always ask to go back there when visiting.
Find it funny that someone would give negative feedback because they didn't get free crackers.

1  Thank rsKent
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We happened to walk past it, which is surprising as it is tucked away, but the menu looked very interesting. Looked at the reviews which were so good I got suspicious. There were only a couple or reviews that seem to think it was a bad place. We tried it and it was excellent. It was different to most oriental restuarents in the type of menu, quality of food and wine and service and atmosphere. It felt like a fun place right from the start. Service was very good. Food was different but excellent. Wine was also very good and at reasonable cost. Overall prices were above average for an oriental restaurant, but I felt I easily got our monies worth. Definitely worth going.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

We have held off on writing before and given Kudos more than one chance to redeem themselves. People should know.

1. The take-away delivery service is very slow. Once we was told that the food would take a maximum of 1 hour to deliver. We wasn't happy to wait this long but we agreed to it so long as it was no more than an hour. It took almost 2 hours!

2. Most take-aways give you free prawn crackers when you're spending a lot of money. Prawn crackers must literally cost 10p to make. When the food was delivered, there was no prawn crackers because we had not spent £30 (we had actually spent £29, but had given the driver £30). The manager told my partner that if we phoned and said we were regulars in future, she'd give them to us.

3. Our latest experience.... I called and ordered £28.10 worth of food (for 2 people). I told the manager we were regulars and asked if she could throw in the prawn crackers. She said no and said that I had to spend an additional £1.90. So I decided to cancel the order, she didn't care. Don't know if the person who took the order is the owner or just an employee.... if I was the owner, I'd get a manager who knows the value of customer service. Their gross profit margins have got to be 60% +, so they've just missed out on at least £15 (even after taking into account throwing in of free prawn crackers!).

And so we won't be recommending Kudos to anyone and we won't be eating in or taking away ever again.

Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

We booked a table here for a leaving party for a friends travels which turned out the worst way to send someone away they must have thought that we didnt want them back. The staff were disintrested rude and everything to much trouble for them.The food was at best a asda takeaway i presume they where having suppiler issues due to the kids portions. And as for the costs the bill came to over 1000 pounds if you feel the need to overpay for poor food and to be insulted by the owner of a resturaunt head to kudos !

2  Thank Mab1666